Anthem balcony cabins deck 6 question

• 2 weeks later...
@mnh any feedback/pics from your friends in 6658? The wife and I are booked in that cabin this August.

Was able to check out room 6658 before getting off the ship on our April cruise.

There are 8 of these E1 Deluxe Ocean view staterooms with balcony. Four are on deck 6, and four on deck 7.

As far as obstruction, the lifeboat davit off to the right side of the balcony is a bit noticeable. Lifeboat directly below.

Room is a little smaller than the normal balcony rooms, 177 sq. ft., instead of the normal 198 sq. ft. Balcony is larger,82 sq. ft. instead of 55 sq. ft.

There is no couch in the room, only a chair.

My first thought when entering the room was that it was a bit on the small side, but there was nice amount of room between the desk and bed, since these rooms are shorter, but wider. And the size of the balcony is a plus.

I do wish I would have picked one of the deck 7 E1 rooms, but still excited to try out this different style room on our October cruise

@FISO_Vids, my wife and I are booked in 6658 this August. Can you provide details/pics about the cabin and its views?

Much obliged...

Sorry for the delay in responding....

Long story short....we booked this as an unobstructed stateroom, even confirmed with our TA just before the cruise as we'd seen some other feedback about balconies on this deck. We were categorically told that it was unobstructed. When we first entered the stateroom it was clear it was not - probably about 75% obstructed view. After many many visits to Guest Services and emails to our TA (each blaming the other), RC eventually admitted that it was advertised and sold incorrectly. We then got a future cruise voucher issued, by way of a refund.

If you have booked it as an obstructed stateroom, then you are obviously aware, we were not. You can still enjoy having the balcony to sit out in, you can see the views if you stand up, but you can't relax on it and see the sights; the lifeboats definitely get in the way.

That said, the stateroom itself was unusually, but pleasantly different. Square not rectangular. Yes, it doesn't have the usual sofa, but to be honest, who uses it anyway (other than for leaving things on overnight).

Not sure I still have the photos, but will happily look them out. Feel free to message me, either on here or via a PM.

Regards

Gill

I do have photos of the room and balcony and when I figure out how to post them I will.

We also booked this as an unobstructed view for our Oct 29th cruise. When I stopped in to take a peek in after our April cruise, I was a bit disappointed. Definitely obstructed, but not to confuse people about the obstruction, there is not the straight in front of your view looking out that obstructs your view other than the life boat davit pole on your right corner. The obstruction is looking down on top of a life boat which is just above foot level.

While I am still interested in the unique room and larger balcony, I have been considering changing to a guaranteed balcony, currently $100 less. That would be taking a chance. Will probably stick with this room, but should have chosen one of the four E1 rooms on deck 7.

Sorry for the delay in responding....

Long story short....we booked this as an unobstructed stateroom, even confirmed with our TA just before the cruise as we'd seen some other feedback about balconies on this deck. We were categorically told that it was unobstructed. When we first entered the stateroom it was clear it was not - probably about 75% obstructed view. After many many visits to Guest Services and emails to our TA (each blaming the other), RC eventually admitted that it was advertised and sold incorrectly. We then got a future cruise voucher issued, by way of a refund.

If you have booked it as an obstructed stateroom, then you are obviously aware, we were not. You can still enjoy having the balcony to sit out in, you can see the views if you stand up, but you can't relax on it and see the sights; the lifeboats definitely get in the way.

That said, the stateroom itself was unusually, but pleasantly different. Square not rectangular. Yes, it doesn't have the usual sofa, but to be honest, who uses it anyway (other than for leaving things on overnight).

Not sure I still have the photos, but will happily look them out. Feel free to message me, either on here or via a PM.

Regards

Gill

Thanks for responding! It would be nice to see photos, but as we have already booked, we'll see soon enough :)

We booked through a TA, but there was no indication that the view was obstructed. I learned of deck 6 after booking...it was chosen because of the proximity to the dining and performance venues.

Cheers!

Does anyone have any information or pictures of DO 6166? My Mom is coming with us on our Anthem cruise and had booked a Super Studio Guarantee and was assigned 6166. Any issues with smoke from the smoking area below?

The smoking area is on the other side.

Thanks for responding! It would be nice to see photos, but as we have already booked, we'll see soon enough :)

We booked through a TA, but there was no indication that the view was obstructed. I learned of deck 6 after booking...it was chosen because of the proximity to the dining and performance venues.

Cheers!

I think the photos have been covered by others, after you'd posted (I still can't find the ones I took).

I am happy to continue the conversation on PM, so I explain the process we went through (you might find it helpful). gill.tonkin@virginmedia.com

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the video, but 6658 is an E1 cabin not and obstructive view DO cabin.

Yes, it's E1, but is still obstructed. The primary difference is the E1 is more square, and doesn't have a couch. Personally, I'd prefer to have the couch.

Thanks for the video, but 6658 is an E1 cabin not and obstructive view DO cabin.

Agreed, it is not a DO. But there is a small lifeboat below and the launching mechanisms border each side of the balcony.

Cabin category is one thing, but the view is partially obstructed by the lifeboat. The category is somewhat misleading, in my opinion.

Honestly, I liked the square shape. It made moving around much easier.

• 1 month later...

We had 6696, 75% obstructed but turned out great. We had great views and were able to see between the white thingys! Plus we were close to the doors that led into the top level of 270, saved a lot of walking. It was worth the. Money we saved. If it was only a few hundred dollars savings we may have gone with a regular balcony but this was a good deal.

I just booked 6214, is that good? It looked like between the boats but now I'm afraid it's blocked by da it's. My travel agent said it was 50%. If anything I'll change, but if anyone can chime in about this.

Your view is probably something like this in that cabin. This is from 6198. Not my pic. Found online.

bc4afe4bccc61a06d9f8d9b1c3520bc9.jpg

Edited by hapster85

Question was which cabins have the bed by the balcony. I just got off the Anthem Saturday and we were in 6160. The sofa was by the balcony and the bed was beside the bathroom. You can figure from there. Just for the record 6160 is the least obstructed still listed as obstructed view. Just a large lift arm in line with the balcony wall at the rear. Should be the same on the other side. Once in the cabin it was just doable with my wife's scooter.

Should I have any concerns about it being above Bionic Bar or I should be ok?

I don't think that would be a problem. We never saw more than a handful of people there. It's more of a novelty, that people check out and move on, rather than a place where people gather.

Question was which cabins have the bed by the balcony. I just got off the Anthem Saturday and we were in 6160. The sofa was by the balcony and the bed was beside the bathroom. You can figure from there. Just for the record 6160 is the least obstructed still listed as obstructed view. Just a large lift arm in line with the balcony wall at the rear. Should be the same on the other side. Once in the cabin it was just doable with my wife's scooter.

We have that cabin on a future cruise.

Would love to hear more of your thoughts about it. How was the noise factor?