Anthem of the Seas - 22nd May 2015 - Canary Islands - Review / Pics / CruiseCompass's

Thanks for your review I really enjoyed reading it and loved how much you enjoyed your holiday! Has made me very excited for our upcoming Anthem voyage, and nice to have some positive perspective as well.

What a wonderful review! This has really made my day reading this! Many thanks for your interesting, informative and fun posts and photos. 10 days to go and we will be on board!!! Cant wait!

Suzie

Good to see another Manxie on here :D

Hope you have a great trip!!

To everyone else - I will put all the compass'es on Dropbox tonight as a sharable folder so you all should be able to get them later!

I so enjoyed your review. We will be on her for a 3-day in October and then on the transatlantic to New Jersey. You gave me some good insight to how she operates.

Wonderful to see the two of you dressed for the formal nights.:)

Nancy

Well done Andrew..........

I actually loved all the restaurants especially divinely decadance.

and won the finish the lyric competition in the music hall, and I won the big music quiz in 270 lol :)

Essex Pete :)

Thank you for reading my review, and sailing along with us!

Oh, and just finally, if anyone knows where you can get Dos Equis in the UK, please let me know!

I discovered it on the Liberty a few years ago and became absolutely obsessed with the stuff. Ordering it by the case off the internet. About 3 years ago, as far as I am aware, they stopped importing it into the UK, and the only place I have been able to get it is on RCI Cruises!

So I anyone knows of anywhere I can get it in the UK, please let me know, I will be forever grateful!

I'm a fan of Dos Equis and Dos Equis Dark, which we have no trouble finding in the States. Do they have Modelo in the UK? Not as good as Dos Equis, but still pretty good. Best of luck and thanks for the good review.

Thank you for your review very informative.

We have just booked the Anthem for late September Canaries etc.

This will be my second cruise my first in May on the Caribbean Princess to the Med.

I had read reviews on other sites that were not favorable but yours has put my mind at rest and I am really looking forward to the cruise it will be different.

My Aunt and I are in our seventies so some of the activities are beyond us but we shall enjoy watching others giving it a go. Love and embrace technology so looking forward to everything.

Thank you once more :)

One of the best reviews I've ever read. Thank you for taking the time.

What was your overall feeling about the pools? We're shade people, but we would be happy near the regular pool or in the Solarium. The main pool looks to have less seating than you would expect on a ship of this size. Did you find that the 3 different pool sections (plus H2O) were set up well enough so that seating was not too terrible to find, either on warm days or on cooler days?

Thanks.

Hi Andrew. Can you tell me a bit about the train to Southampton? Was it busy, did you have seats? . Is there somewhere to put luggage? Would you do the train from gatwick again?

Thanks in advance. Suzieanna

Train to Southampton both ways was fine (Southern Rail). Outward train was about 2pm in the afternoon from Gatwick. Going back at 10am in the morning. There is luggage racks to store suitcases (we didn't notice these on the way out though, and ended up storing them by the doors, with one of us keeping an eye on them), but yes there was defo luggage racks

One of the best reviews I've ever read. Thank you for taking the time.

What was your overall feeling about the pools? We're shade people, but we would be happy near the regular pool or in the Solarium. The main pool looks to have less seating than you would expect on a ship of this size. Did you find that the 3 different pool sections (plus H2O) were set up well enough so that seating was not too terrible to find, either on warm days or on cooler days?

Thanks.

I think they're screwed either way. The ships is not designed to be in permanent warmer weather, which is why there's more inside space. If there was more outside space, people would complain when it was freezing cold that they had no where to sit outside. Vice Verse, if there was more inside space, people would complain they couldn't sit in the sun on hot days. I think they've tried to combine the best of both. Deck 15 with the running track has a lot more chairs than by the pool all round it.

You still do feel a lot of heat in the solarium though on a hotter day. I agree though, there did appear to be a lack of space near the main pool on Deck 14.

I'm a fan of Dos Equis and Dos Equis Dark, which we have no trouble finding in the States. Do they have Modelo in the UK? Not as good as Dos Equis, but still pretty good. Best of luck and thanks for the good review.

Yeh they have Modelo in the UK, I've had it, but it still no where near as nice!

Shame really, I literally have no idea why it has stopped being imported.

Well done Andrew..........

I actually loved all the restaurants especially divinely decadance.

and won the finish the lyric competition in the music hall, and I won the big music quiz in 270 lol :)

Essex Pete :)

Hahaha, Jesus Christ, as if this is you! Small world eh!

I loved seeing you take part it all the contests. You seem like a great guy to get on with in life.