What is the average weight gain on a cruise?

smellycruzer

I've never gained an ounce on a cruise. We always get aft cabins so we have to walk pretty far around the ship to get anywhere. We usually take active excursions and stay active on the ship too. I don't worry about what I eat because I'm on vacation! ;) But I don't eat more than when at home and try to keep sweets to a minimum.

Good "tip" about picking a cabin that requires some extra walking! I can't say the same about eating on par at home, since I don't have a splendid buffet calling my name! Now if I lived next door to a Ryan's or Golden Corral, that would be bad news!

Bottom line, it is vacation so enjoy and take advantage of the options.

Same as Lulu above. Once you've been on a decent amount of cruises, the novelty of eating everything in sight vanishes. Now, I know what I like, get it and get out of the dining venue. I'll try a bite of something new once in awhile but food isn't as interesting or important as it used to be.

With the gym onboard and all the walking, I don't gain weight while onboard like I used to (TG as I have enough fluff as it is :D ).

O pounds gained on any of our 11 Princess cruises. We are seniors but are active, gym or 5 mile walk every day, no elevators, or buffets... but have healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner with minimal alcohol intake...we do drink wine with dinner......it is vacation after all ;)