Royal Princess ...Southern Caribbean

Stall644

Just wondering what excursions were good in Bonaire, Grenada and Dominica.....We have been to the other ports on previous cruises.....I know its a long time until November but I love the planning

We had an excursion booked one time in Grenada, but for unknown reasons it was cancelled. We found a shore tour to drive around thru the spices. The smell was wonderful & we had a great day.

On Dominica we did not book anything; instead, we walked around the old slave market & talked to the people. If a vendor did not have something you wanted they would show you to someone who might have. We also (and this is one of our all-time favorite cruise memories) went to the beachfront bar right near the ship for two rum punches. It's a good thing we were right at the ship or we might never have found our way back!

Our screensaver is from Dominica of us playing drums with Rastaman...he took a great photo of us. We'll be back there in October & maybe we can get the same photo with our Sister-in-law.

Steve & Pete

Edited by skf

Just wondering what excursions were good in Bonaire, Grenada and Dominica.....We have been to the other ports on previous cruises.....I know its a long time until November but I love the planning

Excursions for our cruise in November have been made available to reserve on the cruise Personalizer

We loved snorkeling on Klein Bonaire (little Bonaire). You can just take the water taxi (cheaper than a ships excursion). In Grenada we did a private excusion snorkeling with underwater statues. Very cool. In Dominica we did a private excusion, river tubing. The scenery was amazing.

Bonaire has a nice sailboat cruise and snorkel. Max of 8 people, great owners of boat crew it. Also loved Spice Beach Club. While not really a beach it is a nice relaxing spot with good food and drinks and has very good snorkeling off a pier it has.

Dominica has Champagne Reef which is unique. We have done on own b4 so last time did the wacky rollers (I think that was name) which is like an aerial obstacle course with swings, zip lines and other obstacles. It was fun but you need to be in shape and comfortable with heights.

Didn't love Grenada. Beach is okay but Aruba had much nicer beaches and snorkeling. We did a tour and the places were just so touristy with lots of folks looking for $. (Think falls is Jamaica)

we have booked trips on all the other islands but not Bonaire, there was nothing we wanted to do, everything was on the water or the land ones were of no interest to us. So we have decided we will just go for a walk around and see what's near the ship. Shops or bar for a lunch or a drink and some free wifi.

Thinking by the time we get to there we will be ready to do some exercise and shift a few pounds from being idle .

Edited by buchananglasgow

We've been to Bonaire twice. The first time was a snorkeling tour with Woodwinds. Absolutely incredible if you like to snorkel. One of our favorite tours ever. Last year we did an island tour with BonaireVistaTours.com. Brian the guide and owner was wonderful and we really enjoyed the tour. 3 1/2 hours for about $35. Well worth it. We reserved in advance as he usually sells out.

Excursions for our cruise in November have been made available to reserve on the cruise Personalizer

Although it's early to reserve now for November, it is good to do so. If you browse through them, you can see they have different starting times. So if say you prefer the afternoon group to the morning you can get it before it is filled up and you would be left to select an inconvenient time. You can always cancel up to 24 hours before and princess does not require payment up front.:)

I agree, Bonaire is tough if you're not into water sports. However, it also has probably the best craft market in the Caribbean right across from the pier. I'm not a shopper and I still find things of interest there. There's also a great Indonesian food cart in the craft area.

I agree, Bonaire is tough if you're not into water sports. However, it also has probably the best craft market in the Caribbean right across from the pier. I'm not a shopper and I still find things of interest there. There's also a great Indonesian food cart in the craft area.

I agree. I LOVED that craft market. Higher end crafts, not the usual touristy junk. Also, a couple of blocks in we hit the local supermarket to buy food items at locals' prices (jams, candies, coffee etc.), made for nice gifts to bring back. It was a lovely walk thru the quaint town. Stopped at a local ice cream parlor along the way.

We had an excursion booked one time in Grenada, but for unknown reasons it was cancelled. We found a shore tour to drive around thru the spices. The smell was wonderful & we had a great day.

On Dominica we did not book anything; instead, we walked around the old slave market & talked to the people. If a vendor did not have something you wanted they would show you to someone who might have. We also (and this is one of our all-time favorite cruise memories) went to the beachfront bar right near the ship for two rum punches. It's a good thing we were right at the ship or we might never have found our way back!

Our screensaver is from Dominica of us playing drums with Rastaman...he took a great photo of us. We'll be back there in October & maybe we can get the same photo with our Sister-in-law.

Steve & Pete

Hi, Steve and Pete,

Thanks for the info. Any chance that you remember the Bar's name in Dominica? Any additional info on it would be appreciated. These are the things that we like to do. The market and bar sounds like a great day!

Thanks. Paul