Passport Application Frustration

So glad things worked out for the OP (hopefully).

I was just on the passport website and it took me a while to find the info I need. And even when I clicked on location info, it just gave me regional locations (and the closest was about 20 miles away), but had to google and I think I found an office (hopefully) that's half that distance (I'll have to call that post office to make sure they still process them).

I'll need to get out the passport from our safe to make sure I'm remembering right, but I think my daughter's passport is expiring this fall right after her 18th birthday. It looks like we have to go in person to get it renewed to an adult one (at least only one parent needs to go so I don't need to wait til hubby is on a day off), but it's amazing that it took me a while to figure that all out -- unless I'm crazy, the options and links aren't that clear. We need to get this done quickly so that she has her new passport to use as a second ID when we move her in to college in two months (for some reason she needs two photo IDs to get her school ID). Weird, huh? But first I have to get her a state ID as she doesn't have her drivers license yet. So that's first on the agenda.