Getaway cabin 9110 help

bradleyk

I just logged onto MyNCL and noticed that we have been assigned our stateroom. We booked a balcony guarantee and I thought that we probably wouldn't know for quite a while since we don't sail until October.

Has any stayed in this cabin and have any information? Also I have seen it posted before, a spread sheet with cabin size and info with pictures. Does any have that available?

Thank you!

• Like 1

We're on GA's sister ship, BA's #10712, starboard side vs. port side but almost a virtual mirror - it's a BD category, regular balcony for us - typical of those in the promo NCL material & website for a regular balcony. Yours should be an angled balcony, according to the floorplan/layout, so a little extra space for 2 people - just 2 highback chair & micro-sized coffee end table. 10112 would be an extended balcony (mini-suite, if I'm not mistaken)

It's almost all the way forward, DW counted it as about 145 steps from the FWD elevators/stairs to the stateroom - add a few steps for your cabin, a long walk thru the narrow 42" - 44" wide corridor, but quiet overall with very little foot traffic - especially at night, nor did we hear neighbors slamming doors, etc. - sound insulation between cabins are okay (no "honeymooners" heard :D )

If you look at this picture here (click to view) - taken from our balcony - on deck 10, your balcony should be just in front of the extended mini-suite below us - the angled balcony is hidden.

** Follow my SIGnature link below for the BA review 2015 and you will see a few more pictures of the balcony views below plus some inside ones. We had 12' to 15' waves on a sea day, so some motion was felt but nothing to be worried about - especially if you are saiing mostly in the Caribbean waters and without any major storm systems in the area.

I believe this is what you're looking for. It's for the Breakaway but the Getaway is the same layout.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

The only con I see is the fact that the angled balcony faces forward so there may be a bit more wind on the balcony while at sea. While seated the rail will help with that some. Just don't open the cabin door while the balcony door is open. Yikes!

Edited by tarps14

We're on GA's sister ship, BA's #10712, starboard side vs. port side but almost a virtual mirror - it's a BD category, regular balcony for us - typical of those in the promo NCL material & website for a regular balcony. Yours should be an angled balcony, according to the floorplan/layout, so a little extra space for 2 people - just 2 highback chair & micro-sized coffee end table. 10112 would be an extended balcony (mini-suite, if I'm not mistaken)

It's almost all the way forward, DW counted it as about 145 steps from the FWD elevators/stairs to the stateroom - add a few steps for your cabin, a long walk thru the narrow 42" - 44" wide corridor, but quiet overall with very little foot traffic - especially at night, nor did we hear neighbors slamming doors, etc. - sound insulation between cabins are okay (no "honeymooners" heard :D )

If you look at this picture here (click to view) - taken from our balcony - on deck 10, your balcony should be just in front of the extended mini-suite below us - the angled balcony is hidden.

** Follow my SIGnature link below for the BA review 2015 and you will see a few more pictures of the balcony views below plus some inside ones. We had 12' to 15' waves on a sea day, so some motion was felt but nothing to be worried about - especially if you are saiing mostly in the Caribbean waters and without any major storm systems in the area.

Great review and I loved having all the pictures to look at. Thank you!

I just logged onto MyNCL and noticed that we have been assigned our stateroom. We booked a balcony guarantee and I thought that we probably wouldn't know for quite a while since we don't sail until October.

Has any stayed in this cabin and have any information? Also I have seen it posted before, a spread sheet with cabin size and info with pictures. Does any have that available?

Thank you!

9110 is an angled balcony, which means 50% more balcony for the same price.

you can have a lounge chair, regular chair and small table, instead of 2 regular chairs and small table.

congrats!

Overall I am extremely happy with the cabin we received. It might be a bit of walk to get to the pool or garden cafe. But we are not to far from the waterfront which will be nice. Also the extra balcony space will be neat. Thanks for the heads up on the wind and not opening both doors at the same time.

• 4 months later...
Overall I am extremely happy with the cabin we received. It might be a bit of walk to get to the pool or garden cafe. But we are not to far from the waterfront which will be nice. Also the extra balcony space will be neat. Thanks for the heads up on the wind and not opening both doors at the same time.

If you're back from your cruise yet I hope you had a great time!

Was wondering how room 9110 on Getaway was? Was possible looking to book that room and was wondering if you had any pics and possibly some pros and cons (windy?). A quick reply would be fine or more thorough if you have the inclination.

Thanks

If you're back from your cruise yet I hope you had a great time!

Was wondering how room 9110 on Getaway was? Was possible looking to book that room and was wondering if you had any pics and possibly some pros and cons (windy?). A quick reply would be fine or more thorough if you have the inclination.

Thanks

The cabin was great... just like any other inside. I have a few pictures of the give an idea of the balcony, but I haven't loaded them to an online site... this is the only way to post them here. The balcony is a great size and larger than the normal balcony due to the angular shape.

The only downside to this cabin is that is forward on the ship. My wife is very prone to motion sickness and only had an issue one day when we had high seas. Other than that it was awesome. I would definitely book this cabin in the future.