My Review of B2B on NCL Jade:9-23 May 15

AF-1

Awesome review AF-1. We are doing the Greek Isles itinerary at the end of this month. You are responsible for getting me very excited. Thank you.

So glad you enjoyed my review

First thing i want to say is: we had a wonderful time on the Jade. Our crew were wonderful. The captain and senior officers kept telling us to let them know if we dislike something or if we have any problems. They said we are here to make sure you are getting a first class vacation. Weather in May is perfect. Not hot mostly around mid 70's. Seas were very calm. Most days we nevwr felt any movement.

1..Garden Cafe. Food was good, staff were excellent. Plenty of desserts

***if you want coffee there are four coffee machines. Two of the machines had beans in the hopper. If you choose these machines the beans are grined and coffee is served. The coffee from these machines are better than the ones with coffee grounds. Overflow seating in in La Cucina. La Cucina is not used. I think most people dont pay attention to the signs pointing you in that direction

2. Alizar restaurant. Small in size but has same menu as the Grand Pacific. The kitchen sits between both restaurants. Never waited more than a few minutes to be seated

3. Grand Pacific Dining Room. Very large, decor is pretty. Food here is very good. We ate here quite a few times. Service can be a little slow, however; staff were very nice

4. La Cucina Italian: good food. Service a little slow. Wait staff nice and friendly

5. Le Bistro: Excellent. Food is excellent. Wait staff very good. Desserts very very good. Athmosphere nice.

5. Cagneys: ate breakfast and lunch a few times. Because i was in a suite, Cagneys is available for breakfast and lunch. Good menu, good food and excellent wait staff

Atrium Bar: located mid ship at guest services. This bar is the hub for all the action on deck 7. They make good smoothies, good expressos and good chai teas latte's

Medussa lounge: triva contests. We spent quite a few afternoons here playing name that tune.

Pool bar and outdoor cafe bar: there is a bartender here who would tell jokes and do magic tricks. Cant remember his name.

Did not use gym or spa

Did not use pool. Only visited pool when they had lunch. Kitchen staff would set up woks and grills for lunch.

Internet package: bought the internet package for both weeks. Had the 270 minute plan. You buy 250 and they give you 20 extra minutes. If you are on B2B you can roll over your minutes. I was running a blog on facebook for my families and friends back home. Did not use all my minutes. I felt the service was good. On had a few times where wifi was slow. Most days i could sit on my balcony and upload pictures with no problems

Photo Gallery: staff very friendly. We bought several pictures of our group.

Shore excursions: NCL excursion, Dubrovnik,Athens, Corfu,Olynpia

Private excusion: ephesus turkey

On our own: santorini, corfu, mykonos, split

Oops. Theater shows. Do not miss the following shows

Elements, soul duo, 4Ever

If i think of anything else i will post it. If you have any questions please ask.

Great review. Your first week was our second week. We didn't do a whole lot with the roll call group but I made a point to introduce myself to you in medusa one evening during trivia. You had quite a group.

We also loved the Jade. I was nervous about being on a cruise for two weeks but the time flew by and I could have easily stayed aboard for another two weeks. Kim

• 4 weeks later...

How would you compare this ship to a RCCL Freedom Class ship? Trying to decide between it and Liberty of the Seas with the same itinerary. NCL is slightly less expensive but not enough to really matter. I am wondering if there is as much live music in the bars at night as there is on RCCL.

Airicardo; I have been on Freedom of the Seas which is sister to Independence. Freedom class ships have the royal promenade which has the pubs and shopping like a mall. NCL Jade does not have this. Jade has an Atrium; which is a central area on deck 7. They have a bar and guest services there. When you walk down the corridor on Jade at the very end you will find shops. Freedom class ships have the ice rink and rock climbing walls. Jade does not have either of these. Their are a lot of bars on both ships. I feel the crew and staff on jade were very nice and accommodating. If I was to do same itinerary again I would choose Freedom class; there is a little more to do onboard. However, if cost is a factor; then Jade will be fine. Entertainment on both ships was excellent.

Edited by AF-1

Great review. Your first week was our second week. We didn't do a whole lot with the roll call group but I made a point to introduce myself to you in medusa one evening during trivia. You had quite a group.

We also loved the Jade. I was nervous about being on a cruise for two weeks but the time flew by and I could have easily stayed aboard for another two weeks. Kim

We had 9 in group the first week and ten the second week. See if you remember seeing these guysP1000875.jpg