Radiance Food Questions!!

No, there isn't. The only access to soft-serve is during limited hours in the Windjammer, and it is dispensed for you by a crew member. The quality was pretty good though.

When did a crew member start dispensing the frozen yogurt?

On the 7/31 cruise it was totally self-serve. But yes, only when the Windjammer was open (and perhaps only starting with lunch...I never investigated it at breakfast),

When did a crew member start dispensing the frozen yogurt?

On the 7/31 cruise it was totally self-serve. But yes, only when the Windjammer was open (and perhaps only starting with lunch...I never investigated it at breakfast),

Well, at least as recently as August 14, which was our sail date. There was actually one of those expandable barriers (the kind used to set up quays) between where the rear dessert station was and the ice cream machine. Passengers had to stand outside the barrier and the crew member made the cones or bowls and passed it over. And no, the ice cream was NOT offered at breakfast.

Can kids eat at the Park Cafe on Radiance if it's in the Solarium? Does the cafe have desserts or just sandwiches, and do they make the sandwiches there or are they pre made? Also, what specialty restaurants are worth the price on Radiance? Many thanks!

Our cruise on Radiance was some time ago but the specialty restaurants were well worth the extra cost in my opinion! The food quality was great. If you go to the Samba Grill (Brazilian), make sure you don't eat for the whole day before going there because we were so full when we left! Make sure you don't have anything from the salad bar if you want to enjoy all of the meat. The restaurant was an experience in itself. I preferred to go to the Park Café for breakfast as it was less crowded and had a fresher selection than the Windjammer. Chops Grille was great, the food and wine was excellent. Izumi was good as well but we only went there once, was our least favourite of the specialty restaurants. If Rita's Cantina is still on the ship, make sure you take advantage of 'Happy Hour' and also the nachos, they were good too.

• 2 months later...
Does anybody know if Rita's Crabshack will be on the Australia - New Zealand cruise next year? I've heard mixed reviews that on the radiance it is the crabshack, and not the cantina? Surely RCI would have updated their restaurants online???

Not sure if you have been answered (I haven't read the whole thread yet) but the information I was given was that Rita's is only a Crabshack when on the Alaskan itineraries; everywhere else it is Mexican.

But I just saw this

It was crab shack when I sailed Radiance this past January out of Sydney
Edited by Aussieflyer