Kalambaka, Greece dress code for monastaries

Travel To Be Free

We're doing a land tour before. What is ladies dress code for the monasteries in Kalambaka? I though knee length would be fine, however, a couple videos I saw had ladies with very long skirts. Does anyone happen to know?

Typical dress code for monasteries is long sleeves and long skirt. In tourist areas, if you are just looking in the chapel that is usually not enforced, but if it is a working monastery or if you go to a service do not be surprised. BTW traditions say that men wear long sleeves too.

We visited Agia Lavra near Kalavrita Greece, and I was not dressed appropriately for the visit. I had on pants, but at the entrance they had a lot of long skirts with elastic waistbands. If I wanted to enter, I had to have on a long skirt, but did not have to remove my pants, just slipped the skirt on right over the pants. And our friend advised me to stay with him and my husband and not wander off alone.

I have several skirts "to the knee". One right below. Does anyone know if they'll let you in with something this long or do they require to the ankle??? Or mid-calf? I'm very petite and will be swallowed up in those long skirts I see in pictures that they must be handing out.

Anapli. What my question is on length is right below my knee considered a long skirt??? I don't want to wear one of the ones they hand out.

I don't think anyone can tell you with 100% certainty. We can't see your skirt and we don't know what the individual at the gate that day may decide.

If you are afraid it won't pass muster, then bring another one or risk wearing one of the loaners. In the scheme of things, it's not a huge deal -- is it?

Anapli. What my question is on length is right below my knee considered a long skirt??? I don't want to wear one of the ones they hand out.

Yes.. must be below knee and must cover your shoulders.

No it is not long enough. It needs to be at least mid calf and longer is preferable.

on a tour we had an impromptu stop at a Greek monastery and I was wearing vest top and calf length tight trousers.

I expected the shawl I was given at the entrance to cover my shoulders but apparently because the shape of my legs was showing I was given a kind of wrap around apron-that came to just below knees