Been in Riviera Cabin 7009, or similar?

Onica

My husband and I will be in Cabin 7009 on the Riviera in July. Is that a good thing? We were attracted to the semi-extended balcony and the light and view. Now I am worried - there are other cabins available and we could switch. Is there room for a lounge chair on the balcony? Are there privacy or noise issues? Would appreciate any advice. It's the same cabin on the Marina and the same as 7008 on the other side of the boat, I think. Thanks for comments.

My husband and I will be in Cabin 7009 on the Riviera in July. Is that a good thing? We were attracted to the semi-extended balcony and the light and view. Now I am worried - there are other cabins available and we could switch. Is there room for a lounge chair on the balcony? Are there privacy or noise issues? Would appreciate any advice. It's the same cabin on the Marina and the same as 7008 on the other side of the boat, I think. Thanks for comments.

If you look at the left side of the blue line which runs above the name of the ship, you will be looking at the Veranda of 7009 (Blue Line runs at the floor level of deck 7).

b_154320.jpg

That veranda is angled (i.e. NOT rectangular), but there is room for a lounge chair. Loungers are not a part of the standard furnishings for a veranda cabin, however, so you will have to request one from your room steward.

Edited by StanandJim

The forward ex-balcony is slightly different to the one we had. These 'extended' balconies are a great value for a B3 & now that the word is out they are difficult to get. We had one of the aft cabins #7111 and had 2 loungers brought in by the room attendant. Even though the balconies are over looked by the higher floors, I never felt exposed. There is privacy when sitting closer to the doors.

No worries, enjoy your cruise.

We were in 7007 on the Riviera 2 years ago and loved it. As Jim and Stan suggested request 2 loungers from the cabin steward. Part of the extended balcony is covered from above and shaded allowing for privacy, I took a nap there one day. It makes the entire cabin feel a great deal more spacious. Enjoy!

We were in 7007 on the Riviera 2 years ago and loved it. As Jim and Stan suggested request 2 loungers from the cabin steward. Part of the extended balcony is covered from above and shaded allowing for privacy, I took a nap there one day. It makes the entire cabin feel a great deal more spacious. Enjoy!

ChappChapp! I was hoping we'd made the right decision in picking 7007 for our upcoming cruise on Riviera. Now you have confirmed it!

Donna

We've stayed in that particular cabin twice now... It's great and we always try for it or 7008. The only thing to be wary of is if you encounter windy/rough seas while moving, the larger, more forward divider may bang around. Can be a little annoying when you are trying to sleep. We particularly had this problem in the Baltics where rough seas were a constant...

We've found the solution is to cram (and I mean CRAM) some folded up paper in the seam to keep it from banging around. It will make sense when you see it in person. Just make sure to REALLY cram it in - those front dividers catch a lot of wind and it will blow out if you don't put some muscle into it. We also found that the small plastic container for those mouthwash strips worked perfectly. It may still be there from our Australia & NZ trip in March... :)