Make a Wish cruise

Our daughter will be granted a wish through Make A Wish. She is considering Alaska, but would also like to go to the North Pole to see Santa. What is usually included in a Wish cruise? Port excursions? Onboard extras? We need to start saving but need to know about how much to budget. Did I say... we are so very excited? Also hoping to take the Great White Pass train, but didn't include that on the wish list.

Sorry that I can't answer your questions, just wanted to wish you and your daughter good health and a memorable trip. I would think Make A Wish would answer those questions.

I participate in the Walk for Wishes on every cruise.

Wonderful organization.

I am a wish granter. None of my kids have chosen a cruise but your wish granter and office staff should be able to get you the info you need early in the process. Google comments online from other families who have had a cruise wish granted. I'm not sure where you are in the process but the cruise won't happen too quickly after you first meet your wish granters so you'd have time to plan excursions if they weren't included. All your hotel, transportation, and airfare should at least be taken care of including a fancy ride back and forth from your home airport.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I believe North Pole is a city in Alaska where Santa has his workshop. It is accessible by road and is in the NE part of the state. Was there about 15 yrs. ago and was a very interesting place to visit. I would think it is still there.

I don't have any answers, but I did want to wish your daughter and your family well!

I would contact Royal Special needs and they maybe able to help get that info to you, or direct you to the correct people.

Royal Special Needs:

writing (fax: 954-628-9622;

email: special_needs@rccl.com

Have fun with whatever you choose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Besides your contacts through Make a Wish you should also try asking on the Disney board. I've read lots of Make a Wish DCL trips so someone on that board will probably know. Have fun :)

First, prayers for your daughter and a speedy recovery. Our first family cruise was a make a wish cruise for our now 21 yr old son. Make a Wish is absolutely wonderful!!! They arranged everything.......even paid for all our passports! We were provided with onboard credit (don't remember how much) for excursions, drink packages where provided, and, lots of extras that the staff gave/provided for all our kids (4). The ship, Freedom, also did a Wishes a Sea walk on the last sea day. Passengers could purchase a tshirt and then all walk together. My son (16 at the time) and Princess Fiona led the walk. You will have a wonderful time. I can't say enough good things about Make a Wish. Wonderful organization!

Our daughter will be granted a wish through Make A Wish. She is considering Alaska, but would also like to go to the North Pole to see Santa. What is usually included in a Wish cruise? Port excursions? Onboard extras? We need to start saving but need to know about how much to budget. Did I say... we are so very excited? Also hoping to take the Great White Pass train, but didn't include that on the wish list.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I do not know the details either but they usually do the wish in a big way so they will have many surprises most likely to make it the most memorable vacation.

How old is your daughter. One of my favorite cruises was the Radiance South bound Alaska cruise, but the White Pass train was my least favorite excursion - very disappointed in it. If you choice this Alaska do the southbound or northbound (avoid the round trip out of Seattle which isn't as much a wow and its on a smaller/older ship. However, the Arctic is on my bucket list. I think if I had to chose the 11 night Arctic Circle would be my choice. The Arctic sails on the Brilliance.

Hope you have a great time. I do not have the answers about if excursions are included.

Edited by Trekker954

North Pole Alaska is about a 30-45 minute drive out of Fairbanks, which is in the middle of the state. We did the Northbound Alaska cruise on the Radiance, with the 5 day land tour that ended up in Fairbanks. We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, but I think we enjoyed the land portion a bit more. It was very busy with excursions, but we got to do a overnight stay in Denali, and got to go into the park to see all of the animals and Mt. McKinley. We also got to visit Anchorageand Talkeetna, and traveled on a bus and on the Wilderness Dome train. If it is possible, I would highly suggest this for your family.

We did meet a family on the Explorer whose son had a cruise experience for his wish, and if there is a wish child on board, they fly a special flag on the ship. Meeting this family made the Make a Wish experience so much more meaningful, we do the walk/t-shirt thing every time we cruise.

Good luck to your daughter, and enjoy your trip!

Lisa