Problem with Carnival UK website: entering phone number

saint_em

I'm trying to price up a cruise through Carnival's website (the .co.uk version), but I keep getting an error message with my phone number - even though it is pulling the details through from my already existing VIFP account.

The error is as follows:

The field PhoneNumber must match the regular expression '^(1-?)?(\([2-9]\d{2}\)|[2-9]\d{2})-?[2-9]\d{2}-?\d{4}$'.

I'm entering a UK mobile number and have to complete fields called 'country', 'city/area', and 'local number'. I've tried every combination of 44 (the country code) and the mobile number (with and without the first zero) in the fields. The country field is restricted to two characters, the city/area field to 4, and the local number seems to be unrestricted. I've tried making numbers up from scratch, randomly and using real ones - landlines and mobiles - but to no avail.

Any suggestions for the format? I don't want to call at this point if I can help it, I'm just trying to price it all up with the options I want, but I can't get to a final cost and payment date/schedule page without getting past the phone number problem.

Thank you!

An update - I emailed the web support email address and had a reply today to say that there was a problem with the website and they hope to have it fixed 'soon'.

I want my 5% saving for booking online, so I'll give it a few days then try again!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

No joy I'm afraid - waited a few days then booked the cruise through a 3rd party.

I don't know if it is worth raising the issue on the Facebook page, especially as over 2 months ago I was told it was being fixed 'soon'!

We need to call them to add our VIFP numbers to our booking so will also mention it then (though read a post on here saying the Carnival UK phone number didn't work!).

I had the same problem when I booked last week. When I wanted to give the information about guest 2 the online booking engine wouldn't accept the phone number. I did put in the same number, but it still wouldn't accept.

To be able the finalize the booking I used the option to fill in information about guest 2 later on. This way I could do the booking and afterwards I had no problem filling out the rest.

Just wanted to let people know how I worked around the problem, it might work for others as well :)

• 8 years later...

Surprisingly 10 years on this error still appears when trying to book from the UK. We figured out after number of attempts with various number combinations that it is related to how your profile is setup. Make sure you have fully set up your profile before starting the booking. We had ours missing the country and the country code was set to US.

Hope this helps the next person who comes across this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Just tried booking a cruise from New York whilst based in the UK. The error message is still popping up regarding wrong country number when trying to finalise booking. I went back into my profile and removed the country code from my profile tel number just leaving area code and last 6 digit tel number. When attempting to book again it put up area code and tel number asking for country code. I typed this in 011 for the uk and it accepted the booking. It doesn't seem to like a country code in your profile details when booking from uk. Hope this helps