Allure Med Disembark Time

Does anyone know what time we must disembark the ship on the last day? We are on the June 18-25 from Rome and would like to stay on the ship as long as possible as we are spending the night of the 25th in Rome and our hotel check in time isn't until 3:00pm. Anyone know where I can find this information? The itinerary lists 7:00am docking time in Rome on the 25th but is that the time we must get off?

It is the same for any ship; you dock early in the morning and they will begin disembarkation usually within the hour, with walk-offs first. The goal is the have the ship cleared and a "zero count" by 9:30/10:00 am.

Now having said that, when we were on our Med cruise they had a program where you could pay an additional fee and stay on for lunch and into the afternoon. I'm not sure how much it cost or if other itineraries do it, but it seems to be most prevalent on Med cruises. I have not seen it or read about any ships other than those in the Med which do this. Just FYI.

Ask your hotel, too. Many that have a posted check-in time will allow people to check in earlier, depending on availability. They will certainly store your luggage for you and you can go out exploring.

I wouldn't waste time on the ship when I could be in The Eternal City! :eek: :)

Now having said that, when we were on our Med cruise they had a program where you could pay an additional fee and stay on for lunch and into the afternoon. I'm not sure how much it cost or if other itineraries do it, but it seems to be most prevalent on Med cruises. I have not seen it or read about any ships other than those in the Med which do this. Just FYI.

I will try to call RC tomorrow and find out if we may pay to stay on the ship for lunch.

I wouldn't waste time on the ship when I could be in The Eternal City!

We are actually staying near FCO for an early flight the next day. After traveling with 3 kids for 2 weeks I think we may need some down time as much as I'd like to spend another day in the city!

Came off the Allure yesterday, express walk off started around 6am, everyone had to be off by 09.30. There was no option for staying on for lunch like what RCCL have offered in the past. 4500 left the ship yesterday and was well planned.

Came off the Allure yesterday, express walk off started around 6am, everyone had to be off by 09.30. There was no option for staying on for lunch like what RCCL have offered in the past. 4500 left the ship yesterday and was well planned.

We are cruising with Allure, disembarking in Barcelona July 5th - I'm interested in knowing how long a wait it was for a taxi into the city/to the airport? 4 years ago after our Liberty cruise we waited at least one hour in a very long line for taxi.... Is it the same chaos now?

We are cruising with Allure, disembarking in Barcelona July 5th - I'm interested in knowing how long a wait it was for a taxi into the city/to the airport? 4 years ago after our Liberty cruise we waited at least one hour in a very long line for taxi.... Is it the same chaos now?

Hi,

We had transfer to the airport with RCCL, so our number (18) was called about 6.45am, we were in the terminal by 7am, on the bus by 7.10am and at the airport by 7.35am. Simple.

They use terminal B & C. Our terminal was C. There was no wait for the taxi's it seemed and everything flowed. Plenty of taxi's and with it being a Sunday the roads were empty. The Allure was in aswell as the Epic.

I remember we waited 45mins once for a taxi in Barcelona after a cruise but this time I could not see a queue.

Hope that helps.

Steven

You have to leave the ship as soon as the call your number or you can stay until 9.30?

You could stay on the ship I suppose, however your luggage will be sitting out in the terminal where anyone could take it.

We disembarked on Sunday, there was no pressure to get off unless you had connections to get. Our cab was booked for 10.15 so we left the ship shortly after 9.45.

It's a 5-10 minute walk to baggage and there is no customs clearance, supposedly only occasional spot checks. When we got to baggage there was still a lot of cases waiting for collection, so obviously quite a few people still had not left the ship.

Have to say RCL seem to have got disembarkation day just right, compared to the kick, bollock & bite we have encountered on Disney & Carnival.

It´s pretty well organized (by the police!)! Our number was called early and we left by 9 am. Didn´t wait more than 5 min for a cab.

steamboats

Barcelona

Based on our experience last Sunday at 9.30am;

Approx 30 mins ship to port exit inc. luggage

Approx 30 mins cab ride

My feeling would be around 6.30 - 7.00 am to allow for inponderables like cab reliability, luggage sorting and to allow for a couple of hours arrival prior to flight.

Windjammer and a couple of other places open early so you can grab something before leaving or take it with you.

Based on our experience last Sunday at 9.30am;

Approx 30 mins ship to port exit inc. luggage

Approx 30 mins cab ride

My feeling would be around 6.30 - 7.00 am to allow for inponderables like cab reliability, luggage sorting and to allow for a couple of hours arrival prior to flight.

Windjammer and a couple of other places open early so you can grab something before leaving or take it with you.

I have arranged for a Private ride @7:30a; so I should be able to get to BCN by 8:00?

I have arranged for a Private ride @7:30a; so I should be able to get to BCN by 8:00?

At that time it will probably take you a bit longer than us to get from ship to port exit due to a higher number of people disembarking.

As long as your cab is on time (our's was not) you should make it by 8.30am the latest.

Have a good cruise it's a great ship.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the earliest time you can disembark in Rome? Is it best to carry luggage off ourselves to get off ship early? Also, how much time via car from Rome port to FCO airport? Our flight is scheduled to leave 10:15am. We have private car to take us to the airport. We cruised several times before, but have never had to leave the ship in a hurry. Thanks!

What is the earliest time you can disembark in Rome? Is it best to carry luggage off ourselves to get off ship early? Also, how much time via car from Rome port to FCO airport? Our flight is scheduled to leave 10:15am. We have private car to take us to the airport. We cruised several times before, but have never had to leave the ship in a hurry. Thanks!

I was just wondering the same as we have an 11:15 flight and I was stressing a bit. This was just addressed on another thread:

"We just got off the Allure of the Seas out of Rome this past Thursday. We did Express disembarkation and carried out own bags off the ship. We were able to get off the ship at 7:15am. There was already a line to get off the ship when we got to the elevators on floor 5 at 7:05am. It was pretty easy getting off b/c only about 25% of the passengers are getting off in Rome. 75% of the ship was embarking/disembarking out of Barcelona. Our driver picked us up at 7:30am and we were to the airport by 8:20am. It took us an hour and 10 minutes to get boarding passes, get through security and get to our gate. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions. "