Changing TAs.

cl.klink

I have a reservation for an X cruise, I made it on last ship. My old travel agent is the TA of record therefore. Now several months later, I'd rather not use that TA now. How do I change That reservation's atA? Do I have to call that travel agent, or can I call a new one and say "you take over?"

- Joel

The general rule is you can only modify your TA within 60 days of booking.

You might try filling out this form, and select the "Other" as your reason, and describe why the service you are getting warrants a change.

I have been successful on one occasion doing this, X wanted a signed form from me in case original TA came back to them.

IN doing so, expect any perks from original TA to go away, and maybe expect a cancellation fee from them, if they allow themselves to charge it.

If they won't transfer, look to just flat out cancel and rebook with he new TA if not within final payments - of course here, take into account any perks from X you may lose versus what's on offer now.

Edited by cle-guy

It's sort of a nasty little deal that celebrity has to keep their TA's happy. If you say nothing when booking a cabin on-board, they automatically assign it to the TA that sold you your current cabin. Once that's done, it's close to impossible to change to another TA.

You have to be careful to say that you want to do your on-board booking with celebrity...not any TA. Then you have 60 days from the time you make the reservation to pick the TA you want to use and transfer your booking.

It's sort of a nasty little deal that celebrity has to keep their TA's happy. If you say nothing when booking a cabin on-board, they automatically assign it to the TA that sold you your current cabin. Once that's done, it's close to impossible to change to another TA.

You have to be careful to say that you want to do your on-board booking with celebrity...not any TA. Then you have 60 days from the time you make the reservation to pick the TA you want to use and transfer your booking.

When I booked onboard and a previous TA automatically appeared, I told the agent that I wanted to change TAs. The agent provided a standard form which I signed, making the request. That was all there was to it. If it's a popular TA, Celebrity is well aware of addresses, etc. If I didn't know the name of the new agent, I believe I could have signed the form and made the change once at home.

When I booked onboard and a previous TA automatically appeared, I told the agent that I wanted to change TAs. The agent provided a standard form which I signed, making the request. That was all there was to it. If it's a popular TA, Celebrity is well aware of addresses, etc. If I didn't know the name of the new agent, I believe I could have signed the form and made the change once at home.

That is exactly what I did. I filled out the form, declared that I hadn't chosen a new TA, and completed the booking. Once I got home, I queried several of my cruise buddies, selected a new TA, and contacted them.

That new TA then completed the necessary paperwork and VOILA!! I had a new travel agent....

I hardly had to lift a finger....

I believe OP has a little different situation where they willingly assigned the reservation to a TA and now want to move it to a different one. I believe this will be very difficult unless you can demonstrate to Celebrity that they are not providing you any service for your reservation. It may be easier IF the old TA is willing to give the reservation up, but that's money out of their pocket.