Shuttle from Civitavvecia to Port

dmk

I will be staying at a hotel in Civitaveccia and was wondering if the shuttle takes you right to your ship. Or just lets you off at the port entrance.

There is a shuttle inside the port, which takes you from the port entrance to the boarding area for your ship.

This is not strictly correct. The shuttle runs from a special stop in town (not at the port entrance). If you type La Giara into googlemaps the bus stops in the car park opposite (very close to the Hotel Tragehetto). It does drop you right by the boarding area.

I understood that that was the new/temporary entrance to the port. Do I have that wrong?

It's a 'new' place for the port bus to stop which it now appears will probably be permanent. It's been here for the best part of two years.

The port is huge, with a number of docks, and doesn't have an entrance as such - it all depends on where the ship is docked. Even so you can only get into the port by using the port bus which now picks up from the place described above. The old bus stop was next to the fort and closer to the entrance to one dock which is widely used, but recent reports suggest that the port buses will not be moving back there.