Eurodam with crawling Baby

kasi1979

Hi,

we are sailing onboard Eurodam later this month.

Who of you has been on this ship with their lo?

I know there is no kids pool and I already ordered a small blow up tub to be used on our balcony or the pool deck weather permitting.

What areas are good to let baby crawl around?

Any other tips any of you have for me?

How is boarding organized if you arrive with small kids?

Thanks, it´s our first big vacation with our daughter, so I´m pretty excited.

As long as you arrive AFTER boarding starts, it's just like checking into a hotel,....register, and board! If you get there BEFORE they start boarding, the "high level" cruisers and suites have 1st crack at registration.

I'm a germ freak. I couldn't take a crawling baby on a cruise ship - any cruise ship - but that is just me. I'd wait until the little one was walking. But that's just me.

it's been a few years since I sailed Eurodam. i remember the check in process being pretty smooth. I don't remember any special treatment for families (other than at the airport). There was one line we got expedited on because they didn't want the strollers in the queue - but I don't think it was Eurodam.

Great ship - one of my faves!!

Remember to take more diapers and wipes than you'll think you will need and any baby food if your baby is eating solids and to reserve a crib and highchair before you go.

I would disregard the advice about not letting your baby crawl because of "dirt" or "germs" you need to do whatever you feel is right for you. As long as there aren't nails or broken glass or anything else sharp, wet or obviously gross just do whatever you feel is right.

Check to see if your ship has a daycare or nursery and whether they allow parent supervised time for the under 2's. Many cruise lines will let parents come and play with their really little ones in a designated area so that might be a good place for crawling and a safe place to explore but I'm not sure about your cruise line.

Edited by mobu2015

Thanks,

a crib is reserved for us,

and we´ll bring formula, her evening milk pudding (?) and diapers and wipes. She´s starting to eat "table food" but it´s a long way to get her to eat a real meal.

Remember to take more diapers and wipes than you'll think you will need and any baby food if your baby is eating solids and to reserve a crib and highchair before you go.

I would disregard the advice about not letting your baby crawl because of "dirt" or "germs" you need to do whatever you feel is right for you. As long as there aren't nails or broken glass or anything else sharp, wet or obviously gross just do whatever you feel is right.

Check to see if your ship has a daycare or nursery and whether they allow parent supervised time for the under 2's. Many cruise lines will let parents come and play with their really little ones in a designated area so that might be a good place for crawling and a safe place to explore but I'm not sure about your cruise line.

First of all I am not anti children on cruise. As a matter of fact we are taking our grandchildren on a cruise very soon. What I was meaning, is that there is obviously some "stuff" you would not want to have a baby crawling in.

We have cruised with both our children and grandchildren, and I am very careful of "dirt" and "germs" even when at home.

First of all I am not anti children on cruise. As a matter of fact we are taking our grandchildren on a cruise very soon. What I was meaning, is that there is obviously some "stuff" you would not want to have a baby crawling in.

We have cruised with both our children and grandchildren, and I am very careful of "dirt" and "germs" even when at home.

Ok. Well its a bit presumptuous to assume OP would allow their kid to crawl through "stuff" and that's great that you're so careful with your children and grand children. I'm not sure what this has to do with me. I was stating an opinion just like you were. To each their own.

Kids don't need to be protected from dirt and germs too much....they need both to build their immune systems. You are not doing them any favours by protecting them. They will be much healthier in the long run.

Edited by Theodorable