Bermuda Ferry Question

mtsnow

I will be on NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in Sept. We are docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard. My wife and I are traveling with our 2 year old and we are looking to do a day trip to Hamilton. From what I see there is a ferry that runs between the two, and I am looking to see if anyone has used this ferry to see what their experience was.

The public transportation in Bermuda, including both Ferries and buses, is the greatest. We have taken the ferries to both Hamilton and St. George and have had great experience. You will not be disappointed in using the ferry. Great ride plus great scenery, how can you beat it.

We just came back and used the public transportation and it is fabulous! Saw lots of families using the ferry. There were plenty of seats where it was convenient to park the baby stroller. The two year olds seemed to enjoy snacking or napping. have a great trip.

I'm in to Kings Wharf on Liberty of the Seas, this Sept 7 and 8.

Since Mon, Sept 7 is Bermuda Labor day, will the ferrys be on weekend schedules?

In particular, my wife and I wanted to ferry to St. George, but it looks like that only runs during the weekdays. May need to ferry or bus to Hamilton and then bus to St. Georges? (Or wait till Tuesday?)

I'm in to Kings Wharf on Liberty of the Seas, this Sept 7 and 8.

Since Mon, Sept 7 is Bermuda Labor day, will the ferrys be on weekend schedules?

In particular, my wife and I wanted to ferry to St. George, but it looks like that only runs during the weekdays. May need to ferry or bus to Hamilton and then bus to St. Georges? (Or wait till Tuesday?)

While most transportation in Bermuda will be on the holiday (Sunday) schedule, the ferry to St. George's has generally been running on its regular weekday schedule on weekday holidays. However, you'll have to wait until a few days before Labor Day before you can be sure...transportation officials usually announce the holiday service details only a few days ahead of time.

• 1 month later...
The public transportation in Bermuda, including both Ferries and buses, is the greatest. We have taken the ferries to both Hamilton and St. George and have had great experience. You will not be disappointed in using the ferry. Great ride plus great scenery, how can you beat it.

Just to piggy back from original question, I too will be travelling via Breakaway to Bermuda .. in your experience where do we catch the Ferry to Hamilton and what is the cost? I know there are day passes but we would just do a RT to and from Hamilton one day then one of the beaches the next.

And would you also know what may be the easiest (if only) way to Snorkel Beach or Horseshoe. Are they fairly close to the Dockyard? TIA

Just to piggy back from original question, I too will be travelling via Breakaway to Bermuda .. in your experience where do we catch the Ferry to Hamilton and what is the cost? I know there are day passes but we would just do a RT to and from Hamilton one day then one of the beaches the next.

And would you also know what may be the easiest (if only) way to Snorkel Beach or Horseshoe. Are they fairly close to the Dockyard? TIA

The dock for the ferries is right there where your ship will be docked. Look for the area that looks like a town square. That's where you get the ferry. You can get the schedule and pricing online by searching "Bermuda Ferry Schedule."

Opposite the ferry in the right corner, you will see the entrance to Snorkel Park. IMO a waste of time, and was once a landfill. Horseshoe Bay is not close to the ship and you would have to get transportation to it, but it is by far the better choice for a day at the beach if you want to see a beautiful beach with pink sand and really have a Bermuda experience. It also has chair/umbrella rental, a snack bar and restrooms. A must-see IMO. Warwick Long Bay is another great beach, but no concessions there. We walked along the beach path from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick, where there are beautiful little coves along the way.

Edited by phillygirl63

Is Labor Day, even, an international holiday?

Does not matter if it is an international holiday. Labour Day as they call it in Bermuda is a Bermuda public holiday and long weekend. It is September 7 this year.

Edited by Charles4515