Dinner with an "enthusiastic" eater?

katerkat

My three year old is a bit...messy when he eats. Should I be bringing anything to protect the table (like a dropcloth ;) ), or will they change the tablecloth after us anyway? Do they still make those stickable-placemats? Are they worth picking up? It's been a while since I had a toddler - for all I know nowadays, there might be bibs that tuck under the plate so nothing can hit the floor. :D

I would bring a bib to keep his clothes protected, but an adult will sometimes make just much of a mess as a toddler. You can bring a plastic placement if you are worried, but I wouldn't overly concern yourself. They will replace the table cloth regardless and that is why we have laundry detergent. It is. Ice that you are worried so that alone tells me you will be fine and clean up an appropriate messes.

I wouldn't even bother to bring bibs...we easily just tucked the cloth napkin around the neck area.

Yes they do have the disposable stick on placemats (Walmart has a package of them)...we actually used them when off the ship at certain restaurants...but even then we brought home more than we used.

Don't worry RCI especially is very child friendly...enjoy !!!

My 2 cents is that it depends on your child - they can be messy - but not have the floor look like a hurricane came through -

On the other hand if everything tends to go on the floor - I suggest Neat Solutions Disposable Floor Topper - We got them on Amazon - and we take them out with us to restaurants as well - we often get comments from others and staff that is such a great idea and our servers are typically very appreciative of it as well.