Problem with transferring booking from TA to Royal Caribbean.

Hi,

I booked a cruise with a well known online travel agent back in May. I paid the deposit and then tried to apply a future cruise discount voucher to the booking and the TA told me that they could not do this and I would need to cancel my cruise and rebook directly with ROyal Caribbean. I called Royal Caribbean and they told me the best thing to do would be to have the TA transfer the booking over to them. They told me the price, cabin everything would stay the same as I had an existing reservation.

When Royal Caribbean sent me my booking details they have added just over $400 to the booking. I have sent them my original invoice showing the price I booked at but they keep telling me their records show the new price which they now have my reservation at.

Does anyone know if the cruise line can up the price when bookings are transferred to them?

If your TA had your booking as part of a group, they may have had a discount on the reservation. When they transfer it, it wouldn't be part of the group rate any longer. That's the only thing I can think that may've changed the price. How many people are on the booking?

RCL wouldn't change the price when you transfer.

However, as suggested above the only thing that comes to mind is you had some sort of discount applied by the TA.

The only thing you can do is check the line items making up the price, and see how the figure is calculated to see where the difference occurs.

Separately though what the TA told you sounds very odd about not accepting the voucher and requesting you cancel - unless as Royalty said it was part of a group booking. Normally TAs aren't in the business of giving away their business so they would only suggest that if your requirements weren't compatible with their pricing offer.

Was the future cruise discount something that was a credit from a previous cruise (that they maybe gave you a credit due to a problem/issue), or did you buy a future cruise certificate on board that was open to be used on another booking?

Keep ringing and questioning the issue. You have a right to understand exactly what the issue is. Ask for a supervisor.