Online Check-in

All of a sudden I can't do online check-in until 90 days out. In the past I have done it a year out. What's going on?:confused:

I'm not sure what it was like "in the good ol' days", but I booked in January and it's always told me that I can't check in until 90 days out.

All of a sudden I can't do online check-in until 90 days out. In the past I have done it a year out. What's going on?:confused:

Royal changed that a few months ago. It was interesting because we had a cruise for which online check-in was already completed about 6 months in advance. I wanted to change the credit card, but could not do that until 90 days before the cruise.

Royal changed that a few months ago. It was interesting because we had a cruise for which online check-in was already completed about 6 months in advance. I wanted to change the credit card, but could not do that until 90 days before the cruise.

Funny you brought that up. We had the same scenario for our anniversary cruise on Brilliance next March. I did all the online check-in early as well. Now, I can do nothing until the 90 day mark.

In the "good old days", I used to even be able to print out my set sail pass before final payment was made. No longer possible on Royal but Celebrity has yet to fix that on their website. Printed it well ahead of final payment date.

Bob, I am in that position right now. Months ago I completed check in for our upcoming cruise in September but now I can't go in and change anything as we are not down to 90 days yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I checked my cruises this morning and I can do check in on all of them, even the one all the way out in May 2017. Wonder if this is a temporary thing or maybe they are going back to the old ways of allowing us to complete check in whenever we want. :confused:

I checked my cruises this morning and I can do check in on all of them, even the one all the way out in May 2017. Wonder if this is a temporary thing or maybe they are going back to the old ways of allowing us to complete check in whenever we want. :confused:

Hey, you're right. I just checked my October Oasis after reading your post and it's open for check-in. We only booked it a week ago and I couldn't get in. :confused: Once again, consistently inconsistent. :rolleyes:

Bob I have the same problem, want to go in and update the credit car information & add the daughters, now we probably will need to do that at check in. I also paid our Oct Cruise off a month early, was notifed I could print, Online check in says ready to Print but no Print Tab. Agent said check back around your final payment date or July 29th.

Big G, maybe the Print tab is up, our Cruise is in Oct, will go see.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Same with me Bill. Interesting.

Is there some sort of benefit to checking in earlier than 90 days?

I always print out the Set Sail pass early to surprise the wife...although, the way I've been booking lately, she's not really as surprised as she use to be. :o

This was crazy because i had to wait until EXACTLY 90 days out to sign in for my August crusie, when in the past I could do it anytime. T did check a few minutes ago and I got in and started my sign for December 2016..All done except for flight information..i like getting things done and out of the way too :)

Just finished mine also! So glad they changed it back where you could sign in way in advance. I also like to have things done, like now!! Now, if only we could book dining reservations, still have to wait until 90 days out, except of course if you have the traditional, or dynamic classic.

Marg

Hello. We are booked on an RCL cruise in November. We need to renew our passports, but understand that there is now a passport card option for $30, rather than the $110 charge for a book. We are sailing out of and back to the same port, visiting the Western Caribbean, which the card is supposedly valid for. I called RCL and asked if we could use a passport card, and the rep said yes, but that we wouldn't be able to check-in online, because their website didn't show that option for documentation. However, when I looked at their online check-in, it DOES let me choose the card. The reason this is important is because of the price difference - if we don't need passport books, we can save $160. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Thanks in advance.

Hello. We are booked on an RCL cruise in November. We need to renew our passports, but understand that there is now a passport card option for $30, rather than the $110 charge for a book. We are sailing out of and back to the same port, visiting the Western Caribbean, which the card is supposedly valid for. I called RCL and asked if we could use a passport card, and the rep said yes, but that we wouldn't be able to check-in online, because their website didn't show that option for documentation. However, when I looked at their online check-in, it DOES let me choose the card. The reason this is important is because of the price difference - if we don't need passport books, we can save $160. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Thanks in advance.

You can use the passport card for cruises out of the US that start and end at the same port.

Basically, the same reasons and restrictions as using a birth certificate and DL. You cannot fly home from a foreign country with a passport card. So if you already have a certified copy of your birth certificate, then save the $30 and just use that.

Edited by clarea

You can use the passport card for cruises out of the US that start and end at the same port.

Are you sure about that? The State Department's website for Passport Cards lists no such restriction.

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/card.html