Viking Ocean coming to the US in Fall 2016

Azulann

Thanks for the info! This is sooner than I was told theat they would be doing this. I understand that future Oceans are considering Greenland to Bahamas, and all I between, in their itineraries. I personally believe that as more Oceans ships are completed, that we will see a greater Viking presence in North America.......and who knows, maybe at some point South Americe. I am excited to be able to sail Viking in the future without having such long flights (SFO) to do so! It will also be interesting to watch their Rivers come to life out of New Orleans. Thank you Azulann.

Just read this article today.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/viking-ocean-cruises-books-canada-new-england-in-2016.html?nspPage=1

Sounds wonderful, these ten day cruises.

I'm booked for the Viking Star's Feb 14, 2016, cruise from Rome to Barcelona. After much checking, including a conversation with their Customer Relations Dept I was disappointed to learn that they do not allow portable mobility scooters on the ship. However, I believe I read that ships using U.S. ports cannot prohibit the scooters. If so, that is welcome news. I will try to confirm that and post it in Disabled Travel forum, where it has been discussed. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting that, Azulann. I've been looking for a fall 2016 cruise to that area as my husband and I will be celebrating a big anniversary and my husband wants to go back to where we honeymooned (Gaspe & Quebec). I probably won't be able to book on Viking, but it's nice to know that the U.S. and Canada are coming soon.

I was looking at Pearl Cruises' trips to Canada last night, as I liked their itineraries. They have huge staterooms, only carry 210 passengers, and have prices I can't afford, so they're off my list.