Classic Beverage Package "Know Before You Go"

jer_l

Anyone know if there was a medium to full bodied cab or even something similar to a Malbec available with the classic package on your recent cruise?

That was part of the reason for our upgrading. They were not available.

Thanks for the helpful link. Don't know if it's valid, though because it's very old-- it's my understanding that the classic now covers less than it previously did.

Not only that but things change day to day on Celebrity. Just reference this board. I know Ketel One Vodka was available on the classic package when I sailed in 2013. I have recently read that it was moved to premium. Then I read on another thread that it was available on the classic package. Bottom line is you won't really know until you are on the ship and ask.

We have just got back from our Alaskan celebrity solstice cruise, just amazing. We did have the classic package included in the 123go promotion. I have to say we were encouraged on board by several of the bars to upgrade to premium, didn't really see the point. It was however VERY annoying to us to keep asking what exactly was included in the classic package!!! Just was not very clear, celebrity need to sort this issue out I think.

This is my opinion! I believe that Celebrity does not want to provide a list of the Classic Package and does not let the bar staff know what is in the Classic Package just to have people upgrade to the other package to get the extra revenue. Why does one have to ask and get different answers each time to order a drink using the Classic Package? This has to be a tactic to cause confusion so you do upgrade.

Would you stand for this if you went into a store, bar or restaurant where you live?

Celebrity, what does it take for you to get this corrected?

If you get 2-3 glasses of $13-15 wine at dinner, that is $40 -$45 each, if you buy a $50 bottle and a couple coffees, juices and a water or 2 you will be pushing close to $50-$60 each per day. For the pure convenience and worry free, it sounds like you already know your 'drinks' tab is going to come close to the $2000 it will cost for the worry free no hassle Premium pkg.

EW

Thank you for your response. It looks like we need to recalculate the budget for beverages`

How did you find the list on their website? What do you look under??:confused:

Sign in to My Celebrity. Click on Explore Cruise Planner (to the right of your reservation). Then, Beverage Packages.

Click on Classic Package. Then under "Overview" click on Classic Pkg. (which will be highlighted in blue) and that will take you to the list.

A very convoluted way to get there, but it does work. The website is doing its usual thing today, so no guarantees!

Edited by gimletgal

Sign in to My Celebrity. Click on Explore Cruise Planner (to the right of your reservation). Then, Beverage Packages.

Click on Classic Package. Then under "Overview" click on Classic Pkg. (which will be highlighted in blue) and that will take you to the list.

A very convoluted way to get there, but it does work. The website is doing its usual thing today, so no guarantees!

I think that many here are asking about drinks, not about the spirits in the drinks....I don't think I've ever seen a reasonable list of drinks that are included. However, the list of liquor brands you point to has examples of what's included...the decision on whether something is or isn't included in the classic drink package is based on the price of the drink, not the brand of liquor that's in it. There are a number of liquors e.g famous grouse that are available board and would likely be included in the classic package since they cost less than liquors on that list.

Edited by ghstudio

This is my opinion! I believe that Celebrity does not want to provide a list of the Classic Package and does not let the bar staff know what is in the Classic Package just to have people upgrade to the other package to get the extra revenue. Why does one have to ask and get different answers each time to order a drink using the Classic Package? This has to be a tactic to cause confusion so you do upgrade.

Would you stand for this if you went into a store, bar or restaurant where you live?

Not sure what your issue is. We just got off the Summit having enjoyed the classic beverage package. Over the course of the week we had coffees, piña colodas, vodka drinks, Bailys, rum punches and a few more. We never were asked about which package we had. We simply orderd the drink and gave them our card.

By the way, Celebrity does clearly publish what is in each package. No secret or hidden agenda.

I think that many here are asking about drinks, not about the spirits in the drinks....I don't think I've ever seen a reasonable list of drinks that are included. However, the list of liquor brands you point to has examples of what's included...the decision on whether something is or isn't included in the classic drink package is based on the price of the drink, not the brand of liquor that's in it. There are a number of liquors e.g famous grouse that are available board and would likely be included in the classic package since they cost less than liquors on that list.

My only objective here was to point the person who asked....to a place they would be able to find it. Someone else posted the link to the list, and this person wanted to know how to find it. I was trying to be helpful, that's all.

As for the actual drinks themselves, I think too many people make too big a deal of "what is covered under the Classic Pkg?" It is so simple to just order the drink you want and ask if it is covered. The bartender will let you know immediately if it is included. I hear so many people walk up to a bar and say - "what drinks can I order with the Classic Pkg."? It would be insane if every bartender had to recite a litany of drinks that were covered. No one else would ever get served!

Sorry. I must totally, totally disagree with you on this. The bar staff DOES know what is included. You seem to have a problem with having two options. Not sure what needs "correcting".

Thank you so much, Beth. I will keep checking it before we go in Jan. to see if anything has changed. Really appreciate the info. Have a good wk. end & a Happy 4th. God Bless America ! :)

My only objective here was to point the person who asked....to a place they would be able to find it. Someone else posted the link to the list, and this person wanted to know how to find it. I was trying to be helpful, that's all.

As for the actual drinks themselves, I think too many people make too big a deal of "what is covered under the Classic Pkg?" It is so simple to just order the drink you want and ask if it is covered. The bartender will let you know immediately if it is included. I hear so many people walk up to a bar and say - "what drinks can I order with the Classic Pkg."? It would be insane if every bartender had to recite a litany of drinks that were covered. No one else would ever get served!

Sorry. I must totally, totally disagree with you on this. The bar staff DOES know what is included. You seem to have a problem with having two options. Not sure what needs "correcting".

My dear Beth, we will just have to enjoy ourselves at the many venues that will gladly make us a liquid connotation in 145 days!

EW

My dear Beth, we will just have to enjoy ourselves at the many venues that will gladly make us a liquid connotation in 145 days!

EW

I have already been 'driven to drink'! Have been practicing making Fresca Martinis - a new one I learned to love in May at the Infinity Martini Bar! :D

Looking forward to enjoying many libations with you and the gang in November! (That abacus is going to be busy!!!:D)

I am glad that you think you know what many other people are saying and/or what bar staff knows. I don't have a problem with the options. Why don't you read this thread and the other x number of threads on this forum to update yourself and your opinion.

Like you said, I don't agree with you on this.

All the bartenders have to know is what liquors are premium--all the rest are classic--

There are many, many classic liquors available and literally thousands of drinks that can be made with them. ;)

Now, let's all get along.

I have already been 'driven to drink'! Have been practicing making Fresca Martinis - a new one I learned to love in May at the Infinity Martini Bar! :D

Looking forward to enjoying many libations with you and the gang in November! (That abacus is going to be busy!!!:D)

Care to share your recipe? I've been prepping for our upcoming cruise by sitting on our deck sipping a martini in the summer sun and would like to give this one a try.

Edited by CanadianDee

Care to share your recipe? I've been prepping for our upcoming cruise by sitting on our deck sipping a martini in the summer sun and would like to give this one a try.

Sure! The ingredients are vodka, watermelon juice, mint, lime juice and simple syrup. I get them without the mint, but that's just me. :)

Watermelon juice is pretty potent in taste, so I only use 1 oz., or less. (I found it at the Fresh Market) Otherwise, 2 oz. vodka, 1/2 squeezed lime and 1/2 - 1 oz. simple syrup - depending on your taste.

You will most likely need to experiment. Of course no drink is ever as good as the one someone else makes for you! :D

I was comparing Princess with Celebrity for similar 7day Caribbean itineraries. I booked a C2 for $1299 pp with all three perks while an obstructed balcony on the Royal or Regal Princess was just priced a little higher with no perks. People on the Princess board will argue that you can find a TA who discounts and offers obc. Even so It don't think the TA perks would even add up to the $300 OBC let alone the drink package and paid gratuities. If it wasn't for the perks I would never be able to afford to sail in a balcony let alone CC.

I am in full agreement with your comments. I am not sure why all of the apparent 'hostility' towards X and limitations to the classic plan.

First of all the Drink package perk has been a godsend to us. We always upgrade it and it makes the process just easier and more relaxing (besides being able to enjoy a wider variety of beverages). This has been on Caribbean cruises where we use it heavily. I know not everyone 'gets' the classic package when booking but it has been offered frequently and on our next two cruises (Ref, Carib), Const, Med) we have the drink package, along with gratuities, and OBC (both cruises in C2). I know technically nothing is free but in comparing Princess and HAL cruise prices without these perks we feel we are getting great value from X. We just returned from a HAL cruise with their drink package and there was no upgrade available, They do not have the martini bars like X so it was less of an issue (plus we were in Alaska) but dinner wines were very restricted and I would have like to have an upgrade option.. I have noticed some premium wine non availability at the bars on the Reflection but always find something very nice particularly at the Sunset Bar.

X has changed the game for us and I really can't see cruising without the drink package and feel it has been overall a tremendous value whether one chooses to upgrade or not. JMHO

Robin has to go!:mad:

Agree completely. Never bought into that move since RV never showed any interest in coaching, managing, or staying close to the game. Gave hated crosstowner Sandberg credit for at least 'paying the dues to manage'.

Anyway losing faith. Sox have extracted too much of my time and money in the

past decade and am convinced their management should be in circus entertainment or similar.

Ironically, many of my expenses such as Sox tickets I view as 'cruise dollars'

ie. 'instead of buying 20 games of tix and parking we could have gone on a cruise'.

Thanks to all for a very helpful discussion. Our party of 5 leaves on Solstice in a month or so (Yippee!) We all have the classic package.

May I ask ..,what is the dollar limit for classic equivalent drinks? I can't tell from the different posts if it is $8 and under or $9 and under. I have downloaded and printed the lists for classic and premium from the X website so we have it on board if needed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all for a very helpful discussion. Our party of 5 leaves on Solstice in a month or so (Yippee!) We all have the classic package.

May I ask ..,what is the dollar limit for classic equivalent drinks? I can't tell from the different posts if it is $8 and under or $9 and under. I have downloaded and printed the lists for classic and premium from the X website so we have it on board if needed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving.