Ships with waterslides

RSLeesburg

Hi all. We booked our first cruise ship that will have waterslides (Harmony), which I know my son will love. However, I was wondering what people's experience with these has been on other ships.

Are the slides only open for specific times? If so, how many hours during the day? Are they typically crowded? If so, how many times do kids normally get to go down them? Are they monitored so that you don't get kids crashing into each other? Are there age or height restrictions on some slides? And finally do adults also get to go down them? :D

I know that RCI may have different rules, but the more I learn the more the different lines seem to adopt similar policies when it comes to kids activities.

Most waterslides will have height restrictions. Often they will get a special bracelet that the attendant looks for. If in doubt they will get measured. I've seen kids with bracelets get re-measured.

Most slides are metered, and they wait until the first child has cleared before the next can go. I believe that all of the waterslides close when there is no attendant to regulate it.

But my "slide" experience is on Carnival and Disney.

Most waterslides will have height restrictions. Often they will get a special bracelet that the attendant looks for. If in doubt they will get measured. I've seen kids with bracelets get re-measured.

Most slides are metered, and they wait until the first child has cleared before the next can go. I believe that all of the waterslides close when there is no attendant to regulate it.

But my "slide" experience is on Carnival and Disney.

Thanks! The water slide at Coco Cay had height restrictions when you got the bracelets, but there were a lot of kids shorter than my son who got bracelets but he was 1 inch too short. He should be tall enough by time we go on Harmony!

Carnival and some of NCL's ships have slides. The ones on RCI's ships are "kiddie" slides....so anyone over about 5-6 will tire of them quickly.

I don't know how big the slide on Harmony will be....but I do know on the other ships, they are nothing to base a cruise around!

Carnival and some of NCL's ships have slides. The ones on RCI's ships are "kiddie" slides....so anyone over about 5-6 will tire of them quickly.

I don't know how big the slide on Harmony will be....but I do know on the other ships, they are nothing to base a cruise around!

I dunno, I'd cruise DCL again for the Aquaduck :D

to the OP, unfortunately, there is not always consistency, and that is why kids get re-measured.

On Carnival DREAM, my kids were quite a bit shorter than the height restriction called for, were able to ride the tallest slide. The rode it for days, until someone decided to enforce the height requirements. Now, I'm all for safety, but it should have been enforced from day 1 or not at all.

On Disney - with Aquaduck - they will have restrictions for riding and age/height restrictions for riding alone (or in lieue of an adult). There are kids who make the age requirement but not the height.

I dunno, I'd cruise DCL again for the Aquaduck :D

to the OP, unfortunately, there is not always consistency, and that is why kids get re-measured.

On Carnival DREAM, my kids were quite a bit shorter than the height restriction called for, were able to ride the tallest slide. The rode it for days, until someone decided to enforce the height requirements. Now, I'm all for safety, but it should have been enforced from day 1 or not at all.

On Disney - with Aquaduck - they will have restrictions for riding and age/height restrictions for riding alone (or in lieue of an adult). There are kids who make the age requirement but not the height.

Yes. We watched video for Aquaduck this morning - my son and I, and he decided we have to go on Disney just for Aquaduck, so I am trying to set aside some money for quick 3/4 day trip next summer after we move to FL.

At Coco Cay, it was hardest on him as he watched smaller kids go down the slide and could not understand why they were allowed and he wasn't. But when we go someplace where they have a slide, he will not leave until they shut it down....lol