Serenade - Rita's or Crab Shack????

Hello, just a quick question, On the Serenade, is it a Rita's Cantina or a Crab Shack? Fingers crossed for Crab shack.........................:confused:

I believe only Radiance has the Crab Shack.

I believe only Radiance has the Crab Shack.

I have understood that Rita's Cantina is also on Radiance outside of the Alaska season and that they convert the venue to Rita's Crabshack during those summer months.

I have understood that Rita's Cantina is also on Radiance outside of the Alaska season and that they convert the venue to Rita's Crabshack during those summer months.

That had been my understanding too, but I was corrected by folks who have been on Radiance in Australia who said it's always the Crab Shack now.

That had been my understanding too, but I was corrected by folks who have been on Radiance in Australia who said it's always the Crab Shack now.

I thought you must have known. I am sure passengers are happy about that.

I guess that is the last 'crab shack' variation on any ships within the RCI fleet.

I thought you must have known. I am sure passengers are happy about that.

I guess that is the last 'crab shack' variation on any ships within the RCI fleet.

This passenger isn't. :( Not everyone thinks seafood is the be-all and end-all. I think it's disgusting and wish there was the cantina option.

Bob during our NZ & Transpacific cruise last year it was Rita's but during the Hawaii to Vancouver they were changing it to the Crab Shack so wasn't in use. We will be on the Serenade in Oct so doubt we will use it then & continue to have lunch ourside at the back of the WJ

Gay

This passenger isn't. :( Not everyone thinks seafood is the be-all and end-all. I think it's disgusting and wish there was the cantina option.

I love seafood, but the prices in the Crabshack are very high for what you get. And they don't open Izumi for lunch on the sea days, at least they didn't last week, presumably to drive the seafood lovers to Rita's. We walked in, looked at the menu, and kept going.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Holly2. We leave for Stockholm On July1 and will be boarding the Serenade on July 5! There are 3 families travelling (adult and teenage children). We have reserved the Chef's Table in advance for all of us one evening but have not made any other reservations in the specialty restaurants. Did you try any of them...recommendations? Did they seem to be busy? ANy thoughts or advice on your past cruise would be much appreciated. :)

Happy and Safe travels,

Pam

The specialty restaurants weren't busy at all. Chef's table was great. Please give our regards to Bento, the host, from the family of 5 from Boston/NY.

Have a great trip. It was one of my favorites.