Flash Mob on Allure/ Oasis?

I know its ancient history. My wife loved doing the flash mob on Allure in 2011 and 2013. If she likes it, what ever makes her happy. Did they also do this one Oasis? Do they still?

This reminds me that the author of Flash Mob and Cruise Mob has a new book out. I know a lot of cruisers enjoyed Cruise Mob since it's set on a ship, as well as the prior book. Check out Robert O'Connell's The Day I Dressed Better Than My Wife. It's also good vacation reading, a series of shorter stories and essays.

So how do they organize these on the ship if they are to be a surprise to the crowd?

With 6000 people on board it will always be somewhat of a surprise to many, but not in the definition of many flash mobs you may see on Youtube. As Bob mentioned it is listed in few words in the compass and from there they announce when it will be, so if you are walking by the practice. Obviously many people know about it and show up to see, but you get a few surprised people. Here is the link to the first one my wife did. Its in high def.

The Cruise Compass announces a practice session.

With 6000 people on board it will always be somewhat of a surprise to many, but not in the definition of many flash mobs you may see on Youtube. As Bob mentioned it is listed in few words in the compass and from there they announce when it will be, so if you are walking by the practice. Obviously many people know about it and show up to see, but you get a few surprised people. Here is the link to the first one my wife did. Its in high def.

Thanks to both of you! I'm definitely going to look for that in a few days;) My DD would love to participate in one of these!

Thanks to both of you! I'm definitely going to look for that in a few days;) My DD would love to participate in one of these!

I just noticed your getting on Oasis tomorrow. I hope you will come back and let us know how it went.

So how do they organize these on the ship if they are to be a surprise to the crowd?

The Cruise Compass announces a practice session.

Unfortunately the Cruise Compass also announces the actual event, which kinda spoils the whole idea of a flash mob.

Unfortunately the Cruise Compass also announces the actual event, which kinda spoils the whole idea of a flash mob.

OK. That's kind of funny. It takes the element of surprise a way, I would imagine.

I just noticed your getting on Oasis tomorrow. I hope you will come back and let us know how it went.

Absolutely! I'll be on the lookout for this and have mentioned it to my dd so she's now looking forward to it. We're at Westin Fll Beach now and very excited that we'll be on her in mere hours.[emoji2]

Absolutely! I'll be on the lookout for this and have mentioned it to my dd so she's now looking forward to it. We're at Westin Fll Beach now and very excited that we'll be on her in mere hours.[emoji2]

Raining hard in Ohio right now. Looks like a nice day down there. I'll probably be watching your sailaway on the port webcam today.

From May 30 Oasis

18850362528_0d69b5b594_c.jpg

Thanks for confirming. I assume this was a practice since they had the mini-stage there.

Thanks to everyone for the affirmation, though with nearly a year to go, it could go away before then.

From May 30 Oasis

18850362528_0d69b5b594_c.jpg

I was on Oasis last month and, personally, I hated the flash mob rehearsals. As you can see they took up the entire width of the promenade and basically made it impossible to get past the rehearsal without getting smacked by flailing passengers. :(

They really should move the rehearsals to Dazzles or somewhere else that doesn't get much foot traffic during the day.