Is Royal's Wow sale really anything wow?

Yeah. I just know it was cheaper for an outside facing balcony than it was for an inside room. I'm good with that. Will throw on the premium drink package at some point. Then with the Delta miles I have to get us there for free.. will end up being a pretty cost-effective vacation and cruise.

Like Howie Mandell says, on Deal or no Deal, "It looks like you made a great deal".

Hate to ask silly questions, but since you're able to call and get price drop on a cruise that you have booked, are you able to call and get OBC that is being advertised during royal's sales?

I booked a balcony just about a week ago with the 30/30 sale. Right now with the WOW sale, my balcony is the same price but with $100 OBC. I sure wouldn't mind a phone call to RCI in exchange for the advertised OBC... Lol

Hate to ask silly questions, but since you're able to call and get price drop on a cruise that you have booked, are you able to call and get OBC that is being advertised during royal's sales?

I booked a balcony just about a week ago with the 30/30 sale. Right now with the WOW sale, my balcony is the same price but with $100 OBC. I sure wouldn't mind a phone call to RCI in exchange for the advertised OBC... Lol

You should definitely be able to add the OBC. I could have done that with the cabin I booked - BUT - the current price is $175 more than I paid in the first place. I could get the $100 OBC, but only if I was willing to pay $175 more.

If your cabin is still priced the same, they should be able to "rebook" it at the same rate, and give you the OBC. Just give them a call.

You should definitely be able to add the OBC. I could have done that with the cabin I booked - BUT - the current price is $175 more than I paid in the first place. I could get the $100 OBC, but only if I was willing to pay $175 more.

If your cabin is still priced the same, they should be able to "rebook" it at the same rate, and give you the OBC. Just give them a call.

Thanks so much! :D I will be giving them a call first thing in the morning.

I've been considering a suite and almost booked the 30/30 sale but didn't. Since suites are 30% on the WOW sale also, we are benefitting slightly from the extra $100 OBC (the price went up roughly $50). The half deposit was a nice bonus for waiting since it's a 2016 cruise!

Any idea why I'm not seeing a 50% off deposit when I try to make a reservation online? I had wondered if JS suites were exempt, but D1 balconies are also full deposit ($1000). I'm confused.

The web site has never been programmed to handle less than full deposits. You can put the cruise you want on courtesy hold, and then call to make the lower deposit.

Edited by clarea

The web site has never been programmed to handle less than full deposits. You can put the cruise you want on courtesy hold, and then call to make the lower deposit.

Thanks! Seems odd that they can't get their website to do that. I don't recall seeing that issue with booking online with other lines.

Thanks! Seems odd that they can't get their website to do that. I don't recall seeing that issue with booking online with other lines.

I don't think it's a problem with their capability to modify the website. I suspect they are just not that motivated to make any changes that result in them getting less money.

Its all just a price manipulation game. The itineraries they are selling now were released with drastically higher prices than similar itineraries on similar ships in previous years. Now they discount the price in the form of a "sale" and still come out higher than they did when they used traditional pricing methods.

When theres a twice a year event, that may be a sale. When theres been a "WOW!" promo or BOGOHO for two years solid, its just a pricing game.

Then, in typical Royal Caribbean fashion, as soon as they started offing all of the OBC promotions they increased gratuity amounts and jacked up drink prices 40% to offset the deal they gave out :rolleyes:.

Not sure that's just a RCI game. Go hang out on the NCL board and you'll see the same comments.

Any idea why I'm not seeing a 50% off deposit when I try to make a reservation online? I had wondered if JS suites were exempt, but D1 balconies are also full deposit ($1000). I'm confused.

Others said it, so I'm just being repetitive... but I wondered the same thing, and ultimately called in to make my reservation. Agent on the phone confirmed the site wouldnt allow the 50% of deposit and she'd have to do it. That was really the only reason I called in, because the 30% off the cabin showed up, the $100 OBC showed up, but the 50% off deposit wouldnt.