Is Royal's Wow sale really anything wow?

I got the sale info from my online travel agency tonight though it can't be booked until tomorrow. I've been following a couple cruises and there is nothing in the sale info that will make me book anything tomorrow. Maybe there are some deals for some people, just not me.

I got an email from Royal about the wow sale but can't work out if it's combinable with a future cruise certificate - does anyone know?

The OBC from previous WOW sales has not been combinable with the Next Cruise OBC.

Not bad for some of the cruises that I have already booked. Combinable, plus my TA, if I read the promo correctly, is throwing in prepaid grats and an add'l $100 in OBC for a 7 nite balcony. Too bad I booked these when the 30/30 promo was introduced.

It's usually unlikely that you will be better off in a WOW sale.

Royal are notorious for manipulation of prices. Often something given with one hand is taken by the other. They are not alone in this, but it's one of the reasons we started using other companies,

The only thing that makes me say "Wow" is the price today to book the cruise we are planning for March 2016...

I booked that cruise over a year ago, so nearly TWO years out, during one of the first BOGOHO sales. The category we booked, D1, is now $2000 more total than what we are paying.

I've never cruised with RCL before. Is the WOW sale only for past RCL cruisers? The reason I ask, is when I go to the RCL site, I only see the 30/30 sale.Also, does RCL have PCCs like HAL and Carnival? How do most of you book, through RCL or online booking agencies?I usually book through the cruise site, but I always see postings where others have booked online and gotten great perks. So, I'm considering an onliner who has been sending me emails.

I've never cruised with RCL before. Is the WOW sale only for past RCL cruisers? The reason I ask, is when I go to the RCL site, I only see the 30/30 sale.Also, does RCL have PCCs like HAL and Carnival? How do most of you book, through RCL or online booking agencies?I usually book through the cruise site, but I always see postings where others have booked online and gotten great perks. So, I'm considering an onliner who has been sending me emails.

Actually, the WOW sale is more useful to first time and Gold level C&A members. Once someone is Platinum level in C&A (Royal's loyalty program), they get discounts on balcony staterooms. These discounts are not combinable with the WOW OBC.

Edited by clarea

I just had my TA book my friend and I on the Harmony in Europe for October 2016. We are booked on Azamara for Spring 2017, but her work schedule is crazy, so I booked us for 6 months earlier just in case. (Not to mention it's half the price.) We will cancel one of these.

I decided to do it because of the WOW sale with the reduced deposit and $100 obc, plus I got us a good location for an inside cabin (she has seasickness issues with seeing outside from the cabin).

To me, this is the equivalent of booking onboard. I'll watch the prices for a price reduction, because I'm pretty sure they increased the price for the sale: they almost always do.

Edited by pcur

I got an email from Royal about the wow sale but can't work out if it's combinable with a future cruise certificate - does anyone know?

If you mean an actual "future cruise certificate" which is a credit for a future sailing usually due to some type of service failure on a previous sailing, then, yes, you can use it with the WOW promotion. If you mean an onboard booking that you did for a potential future cruise, you can not combine the OBCs as someone else pointed out.

If you mean an actual "future cruise certificate" which is a credit for a future sailing usually due to some type of service failure on a previous sailing, then, yes, you can use it with the WOW promotion. If you mean an onboard booking that you did for a potential future cruise, you can not combine the OBCs as someone else pointed out.

The T&C says you can combine it with Next Cruise

Offer is combinable with standard/full fare and restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, BOGO, etc.), Next Cruise, weekly Sales Events, and Anthem Upgrade offers. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discount programs or rates. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetour Onboard Credits.*

There actually is ONE thing that makes it better than previous WoW sales.

You can combine its features with the 30/30 sale pricing.

You can't combine the C&A balcony discount with the OBC offered with this promo.

Actually, the WOW sale is more useful to first time and Gold level C&A members. Once someone is Platinum level in C&A (Royal's loyalty program), they get discounts on balcony staterooms. These discounts are not combinable with the WOW OBC.

I think...don't have confirmation yet...that my price will increase $44 Canadian in exchange for $200 US OBC. That's kind of a no brainer. I should get to keep my 30/30 and give up my cyber sale discount.

I have no idea if it's really a good deal or not, or if they jacked up the prices ahead of the sale... but booked today on the Harmony for July 2016. This will be my second cruise. The price for an outside balcony was showing a "savings" of ~$600/person + $100 OBC + 50% off deposit. That was enough to make me jump on it.

The only opinion that matters, if you got a good deal or not, is you. Don't get hung up on the $600 "savings", that like off the MSRP of a car, nobody pays that unless they have to.

Yeah. I just know it was cheaper for an outside facing balcony than it was for an inside room. I'm good with that. Will throw on the premium drink package at some point. Then with the Delta miles I have to get us there for free.. will end up being a pretty cost-effective vacation and cruise.

Its all just a price manipulation game. The itineraries they are selling now were released with drastically higher prices than similar itineraries on similar ships in previous years. Now they discount the price in the form of a "sale" and still come out higher than they did when they used traditional pricing methods.

When theres a twice a year event, that may be a sale. When theres been a "WOW!" promo or BOGOHO for two years solid, its just a pricing game.

Then, in typical Royal Caribbean fashion, as soon as they started offing all of the OBC promotions they increased gratuity amounts and jacked up drink prices 40% to offset the deal they gave out :rolleyes:.