Kids & Bars

I appreciate it! But clearly, as Sitzmark was pointing out, he or she is just SOOOO superior to us flawed individuals!:p

I certainly never claimed superiority over anyone, however I do not believe that a family trait of inappropriate humor is something to take pride in. Everyone has flaws, if you choose to celebrate yours, then so be it, don't be surprised if others don't appreciate them as much as you do.

I certainly never claimed superiority over anyone, however I do not believe that a family trait of inappropriate humor is something to take pride in.

I think you're the only one who mentioned "inappropriate." :rolleyes:

I appreciate it! But clearly, as Sitzmark was pointing out, he or she is just SOOOO superior to us flawed individuals!:p

I like being flawed , makes me feel more human . Plus it opens up a lot of room for advancement :)

I certainly never claimed superiority over anyone, however I do not believe that a family trait of inappropriate humor is something to take pride in. Everyone has flaws, if you choose to celebrate yours, then so be it, don't be surprised if others don't appreciate them as much as you do.

So glad you were raised by Ozzie and Harriet in a Norman Rockwell painting .

They had a nightmare for a mother. I couldn't start to tell you what I did to keep as much as possible away from them. I am one of those people who believe that if you can laugh at the absurdity of something , than it can't hurt you or break you.

there is a movie called" Life is Beautiful" about a man who is in a concentration camp with his little boy. So the little boy doesn't get scared by the horror he sees around him , The man tells him it is all a game , he makes jokes and tells funny stories. and if he is a good boy and stays strong he will get a prize.

Though the film ends sadly for the father. The little boy does get his prize with a big smile on his face.

I got my kids out of their tough times the same way. And I am pretty proud of it

In New Jersey there is a law that minors are not allowed to sit at the bar. Even if it is a "family friendly" bar. It is not always enforced , However it does come with a nice hefty fine if the bar were to be caught allowing it.

Not at the bar, but in the bar on s cruise ship.

We had our kids (4 and 8) in the pig and whistle a few times during the week for 15 minutes or so (a drink). Most of the time it was when the kids club was closed as they much preferred being there when it was open!!

They ordered Shirley Temples with their soda packages!

I've been searching the forums looking to answer that (your last statement!)

We are getting the refresh (soda) pkg for our kids this Christmas however at dinner Miss 11 likes to 'ramp it up' and order a Shirley Temple. Wondered if on RCI ships they would do that within her package?

We've cruised Celebrity previously and we originally didn't think they would, and we'd just have to pay for a few...however they never charged for them. MIss 11 was very happy and had them a little more often :-)

So could I just seek confirmation that these would also be included in the RCI refresh package?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do they have someone painting your face etc. as well? Is it free of charge?

How much are the sticks? Any idea?

I would be surprised if they painted a person's face since, from what I've read, it begins later at night (10:30 or 11:00 p.m.) and is geared towards adults. There is no charge to go into the bar/nightclub since the only difference from any other night is the black-light. I don't know how much the glow items cost but they are probably a lot more expensive than the ones that can be purchased at the dollar store. If you do a search on cruise critic, you'll be able to find a bit more information about it.

In this video you can see them painting people on 1m:11s:

I've read about Dollar Store but it seems to be something from America, I'm from Europe. :)

Sorry about that; I shouldn't have presumed that Dollar Stores were a common thing. I don't know if I'm going to buy any glow items ahead of time. I think I'll just make sure to wear something white. Then I'll "glow" without spending any money on it.

Edited by katsmom1

Sorry about that; I shouldn't have presumed that Dollar Stores were a common thing. I don't know if I'm going to buy any glow items ahead of time. I think I'll just make sure to wear something white. Then I'll "glow" without spending any money on it.

Ahah no problem at all! We have lots of chinese stores that have lots of stuff on sale, they might have something like that too.

I've been searching the forums looking to answer that (your last statement!)

We are getting the refresh (soda) pkg for our kids this Christmas however at dinner Miss 11 likes to 'ramp it up' and order a Shirley Temple. Wondered if on RCI ships they would do that within her package?

We've cruised Celebrity previously and we originally didn't think they would, and we'd just have to pay for a few...however they never charged for them. MIss 11 was very happy and had them a little more often :-)

So could I just seek confirmation that these would also be included in the RCI refresh package?

Thanks!

We had the Refresh/Soda package and the shirley temples were always included during our cruise. I wouldnt expect them to charge extra just for cherries!

We had the Refresh/Soda package and the shirley temples were always included during our cruise. I wouldnt expect them to charge extra just for cherries!

Thanks for that! But aside from the free cherries [emoji39], they add a splash of grenadine to the 7-up, so wondered if they get all technical into that becoming a non alcoholic cocktail that is only then available in higher packages. Ha, to us it's a mocktail!