Honest opinion! Would you have a problem sailing to the Caribbean between April-May?

My hubby doesn't really like to vacation much at all. I love it all. So, girlfriends, sister, niece, mother, kids...off we go! I used to feel guilty but why should either of us suffer? It works out great! He is very excited for my girls & I to go on our October cruise!

Everyone says you have to book a Balcony for Alaska, when's the best time to go? The islands we really want to visit is the ABC islands.

If you want to visit the ABC islands, check out the itineraries for Navigator of the Seas. I saw a 9 night cruise in April, 2017 for an excellent price.

My DW and I are in our mid 30s, my DW has depression and only likes to sail in those months when it's starting to get warmer at home, we cruised last year in Nov on a different cruiseline and she didn't like the timing. My question is if your loved one only wanted to cruise during that time and only to warm places because she gets the seasonal effective disorder. I would love to go to Alaska, Canada/New England, Europe so would you do it?

No problem at all. Love those months.

I seen AOS or NOS, we booked our Carnival cruise to FLL and it was more expensive than flying to San Juan, idw if it's cause Carnival charged more. Any opinion on the AOS or NOS?

NAV is a GREAT ship with many updates from the dry dock last year!! (flow rider, sabor, virtual balconies, panoramic rooms, etc) We would sail NAV again for sure! (We were on in Feb of this year)

For Alaska do you really have to book a balcony?

Of course not.

Our one Alaskan cruise was a forward oceanview on Radiance.

Everyone says you have to book a Balcony for Alaska, when's the best time to go?

If everyone actually only bought balconies, you could get an OV or inside for a buck. That's not the case, because people actually do book other rooms, either because they LIKE them or because whatever gets them on the boat is good.

"she gets the seasonal effective disorder. I would love to go to Alaska, Canada/New England, Europe"

So, I'm not understanding why Alaska or the Canadian/NE cruises are out. SAD is about sunlight, yes? That's why those special lamps help? It doesn't have to be *warm*. Just a certain type of UV?

IN Alaska, the cruises are ONLY during the summer (well, starting in May). And at that time, the sun is up for almost the whole 24 hour day. Wouldn't that help her? Canada, the same. DH was in Nova Scotia in the summer and he said it was quite warm and sunny. The European cruises are also not done (from what I know) in the winter, and it's not like Europe is all dark and cold.

Plus, in terms of when to cruise the Caribbean, many people feel that having a nice WARM vacation in the middle of *your* winter is a GREAT way to re-energize. Has she thought about that?

Lastly...if it can be done financially, there are couples who do vacation separately sometimes. So what one spouse can do doesn't mean the other spouse can ONLY do that.

I don't understand why it can only be the Caribbean in April/May.

RCL has ships in Europe, the Far East and South America at that time of year and none of these places are cold. If its because of cost have a look at Transatlantics, they are usually good value even when you add on the flight and you could spend a few nights in Europe before flying back. They will fit your timings perfectly.

As far as only sticking to April/May, well we all have to make compromises in life for a variety of reasons, perhaps yours could be to agree to these months, and your wife's to be to agree to somewhere new in this timescale:)

Julie

I would always put my spouse first... that being said I would also look at alternatives to accommodate my spouse's disorder HI to Aus or an Australian New Zealand cruise, Panama Canal...there are several options to accommodate you both

Edited by LilBlackDress

What I'm asking is only sailing to the Caribbean, but not going to Canada/New England, Alaska for your spouse?

I solved this same problem by booking Canada/New England for myself because my DH doesn't like to go anywhere that it might be cold. But I do cruise with him to the Caribbean because he wouldn't go without me.

Just make sure the college Spring Break kids are gone. We made the mistake of going in mid-March and there were at least 1,000 college kids on board and they were the most rude, obnoxious, drunk kids I've ever seen. They blocked the walking path when they all ganged up with the deck chairs; the decks had to be washed down every night they spilled so much alcohol; they didn't care that they made little kids cry on the tender boats with all their screaming and vulgar shouting, etc. The end of April/first of May you should be good to go!

Just so you know that the beginning of April the the humidity is in full force; like river bayou LA summer thick. You walk your drenced[emoji32]. Late March you knew you hit the Caribbean, because the air was way different from Florida.

When I was on Liberty it was really nice to go up to AC Crown Vik during the day, and people watch! See the ocean from above! Cloud 9 is a quiet area up on that level! DW might get enjoyment out of the H2O zones! It looked fun at any age. Adventure and Nav. both have them.

I might talk to her doctor about prescribing a light something before air travel. I might suggest to having her drink some chamomile tea, tension tamer, sleepy time and see if one those help to ease the start of anxiety bouts!

New England in late September is breath taking! The colors and crisp cool days or Indian Summer!

Good luck with whatever you choose, and happy cruising!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just so you know that the beginning of April the the humidity is in full force; like river bayou LA summer thick. You walk your drenced[emoji32]. Late March you knew you hit the Caribbean, because the air was way different from Florida.

When I was on Liberty it was really nice to go up to AC Crown Vik during the day, and people watch! See the ocean from above! Cloud 9 is a quiet area up on that level! DW might get enjoyment out of the H2O zones! It looked fun at any age. Adventure and Nav. both have them.

I might talk to her doctor about prescribing a light something before air travel. I might suggest to having her drink some chamomile tea, tension tamer, sleepy time and see if one those help to ease the start of anxiety bouts!

New England in late September is breath taking! The colors and crisp cool days or Indian Summer!

Good luck with whatever you choose, and happy cruising!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's really not that much different than December or July for that matter. It was actually a lot more hot and humid on our December Oasis cruise than our late May Allure cruise. The only difference is the longer days in May.

For Alaska do you really have to book a balcony?

No you don't have to have a balcony! We did Alaska in June 2009 and it was perfectly fine for us. Honestly if it's kind of cold as it was when we went I would have froze sitting out on a balcony!! We hung out in the Solarium a lot watching out the windows for whales and stayed nice and warm!

My in laws just got back from a land trip to Alaska and many of the days they were there was actually in the 70's and 80's so you never know for sure on the warmth. But one thing they commented on was how it was so hard to go to bed at 10 or 11PM and it was still light out!

Maybe she could do 1 trip to make you happy? And it may be fine for her with all the daylight.