Booking now w/FCC or wait until onboard?

KyleClark

We are going on a cruise in December. We are looking to book a cruise for the following December. We are not picky about room location but will book an oceanview or higher. My question is: Do I book now with this current promotion using my FCC or is the booking onboard promo better or equal to this current one?

We are going on a cruise in December. We are looking to book a cruise for the following December. We are not picky about room location but will book an oceanview or higher. My question is: Do I book now with this current promotion using my FCC or is the booking onboard promo better or equal to this current one?

From what I have seen and heard, there is not much if any incentive to book on-board. But, if you book early, and a year out is early, you'll have many specials that come up and you can re-book as many times as you want.

You can book now, get what you desire, then buy another FCC onboard and get the extra $100 OBC to use while aboard.;)

There is no "extra $100 OBC to use while onboard", simply just a $100 discount from the price of the FCR purchased. One does not need to buy anything more to benefit from the $100.

Edited by Demonyte

book now for your Dec 2016 cruise.

the current CruiseNext Ultimate promos are the same as this month's promos if you're booking OV and higher.

and if by Dec '15 the onboard promos are better than this month's promo, cancel the Dec '16 and rebook.

I cant think of a downside to booking now.

Edited by fstuff1

Only you can decide if one promo is "better" than another. You need to go with the one that fits into YOUR schedule, meets YOUR budget, and lines up with YOUR interests. You also have to consider how the Terms & Conditions fit into your situation.

One thing, your current cruise reward (CRW) isn't eligible for the book onboard promos....only CruiseNext Certificates can be used for those. CRWs must be used under the terms existing when purchased. You can buy a CruiseNext Certificate and then book onboard, but you'll still have to use your CRW on a different cruise (or you could, of course, sell it).