Unwanted upgrade

To the OP, were the two kids booked into their own cabin?

Since the upgrade was done, I would guess that they were booked with one adult in each. Otherwise, surely their systems would have noticed the ages.

My upgrade preferences were changed for this trip to the i am traveling with family option! Our children are only tots so we cant leave them myself the only thing todo is my husband and i could split up and take one child each but thats not a very nice family holiday. My inlaws are also booked on deck 9we wanted to be close to them .

Or put luggage in the Inside and everyone sleep in the upgraded cabin. That sounds pretty good to me. :)

But...the option is "If I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another"...and since you had a need to be *connected* to each other, that's not "near" one another, so IMO choosing that option was never a good one for you. To do an upgrade that you would want, they would have had to have two connecting cabins, and that's not going to be possible in most cases. So an upgrade like that was probably impossible. Best to just say "NO" upgrade in the future.

Got a call from the travel agent a few hours ago. The booking is back to our initial booking of the interconnecting insides. Hopefully someone else will be able to enjoy a nice upgrade. The ta thought it very strange royal had even unlinked our reservations. Alls well that ends well though.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Got a call from the travel agent a few hours ago. The booking is back to our initial booking of the interconnecting insides. Hopefully someone else will be able to enjoy a nice upgrade. The ta thought it very strange royal had even unlinked our reservations. Alls well that ends well though.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Excellent, I am glad it all worked out! RCI's computer systems are notorious for messing things up. Keep an eye on your booking to make sure they don't do something again. Hopefully, your TA will keep a watchful eye too.