Renewal of Vows on the Emerald

Mary Ann 2

We purchased the Renewal of Vows package on our recent Emerald Med cruise for our 40th anniversary. I just wanted to let everyone know how pleased we were. The original paperwork said that if there were multiple couples, it might be done together. There had been a wedding done earlier in the chapel, but our ceremony was just us and the captain, photographer, and member of the cruise staff that organized it. The bouquet was gorgeous white roses with small white orchids and smelled divine. Commodore Romano performed the ceremony and it was very touching...there were a few tears shed.

The photographer took over a hundred pictures at the ceremony, on the aft, and on the promenade and would have taken more at the backdrop that evening inside if we had wanted. She put together a slide show with music on a DVD with the best 50, and it was so well done. The photo package is additional ( $200-400 depending on what you got), but my husband who is usually not big on another ship picture loved them and bought them all! You do get one 8x10 and frame with the Renewal of Vows package if you don't want to buy more.

The champagne came with glasses and chocolate covered strawberries and was better champagne than I expected. Oh, and the cruise staff member Stephanie was great from the arranging of it to carrying it out!

All in all, we would highly recommend it if you are considering it.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I are sailing on the Emerald on Oct. 24th and a back to back on Oct. 29. We will be celebrating our 45 wedding anniversary on

Oct. 3, so this cruise is going to be very special to us. How do you set it

up. Any info would be appreciated. JDA in Jersey

Happy Anniversary...glad you enjoyed the vow renewal. We did it on the Crown and the Commodore officiated at the ceremony. We were pleased with the complete experience and have many pictures and videos (some taken by our son) as well as the ship photographer. It was well worth the expense. :)

We did it on the CB.It was great. Of course my DW, being shy, was not too thrilled when the photographer said "Now let's go down to the Atrium!!"

No way....

It was a great experience and the Captain was wonderful as were all of the staff.

My husband and I are sailing on the Emerald on Oct. 24th and a back to back on Oct. 29. We will be celebrating our 45 wedding anniversary on

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/romance/

Schedule it in advance with Princess.

We will be on the Emerald Oct 17th celebrating our 20th anniversary and I thought about surprising my wife with this.