Princess Alaska cruise and dinner the first night

5soccer9

I think I may have seen something on this before but as we are just a few weeks away from our Alaska trip/cruise I had a question about the first night. We get on the ship around 5:30 pm and it sails at 8:30 pm. I have heard dinner the first night is open but when do they do the muster drill? Do they stop serving in the main dining room and if so what time do they stop? I am a little confused about all of that. Thanks.

I think I may have seen something on this before but as we are just a few weeks away from our Alaska trip/cruise I had a question about the first night. We get on the ship around 5:30 pm and it sails at 8:30 pm. I have heard dinner the first night is open but when do they do the muster drill? Do they stop serving in the main dining room and if so what time do they stop? I am a little confused about all of that. Thanks.

It is open seating and yes they do stop all service around the ship about 30 minutes prior to muster.

I have been wondering about the timing of the lifeboat drill too since I am sailing on my first SB in August.

Open seating for dinner is great but what time is the lifeboat drill? I'm sure a lot of passengers will be trying to avoid being at dinner when it takes place :confused:

I have been wondering about the timing of the lifeboat drill too since I am sailing on my first SB in August.

Open seating for dinner is great but what time is the lifeboat drill? I'm sure a lot of passengers will be trying to avoid being at dinner when it takes place :confused:

What time do you sail? 9:30pm?

How does the open seating work? Does traditional seating then begin on the first day at sea?

When we boarded we were handed a card saying at what time and in which dining room we should eat.

Basically it was two seatings in every dining room. First seating was over by muster time and second seating was after the muster.

Thanks for all the answers. We are so used to being on the ship at noon and have all day to walk around then have dinner later. This will be so different not getting to the ship until after 5 pm and then not sailing until 8:30.