LUMINAE - Is breakfast, lunch and dinner now being served everyday as promised by X?

jenniebnyc

Did Celebrity actually use the word "promise"?

We dined in Luminae on Reflection. It was the 2nd week they been open. Service was impeccable, and the meals very good. No, there wasn't 3 meals a day...but then again, I really didn't care. I usually don't eat 3 meals a day.

My point is we understood that rolling out any new restaurant...on land or sea...takes time and patience.

If you want to cancel...do so. But you may be missing be missing a very lovely experience.[emoji6]

This is what they officially said on this board after people were up in arms about 2 vs 3 meals as advertised...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

It was further clarified that Luminae would be the dining room for embarkation lunch and all other meals.

Sounds like a promise to me, but it appears I am the crazy one.

Edited by jenniebnyc

I suggest that most of the posters in this thread re-read the cruise critic guidelines on personal attacks. While it's probably too late to remove your posts, hopefully the moderators will do so. Some are very much over the top personal insults of the OP who raises a reasonable question (albeit in two posts).

Irrespective of whether two or three meals are necessary or anyone's opinion of two or three meals, I'd like to see a response from Celebrity Cruises "official" because I've been led to believe by CC that the person using that Id is speaking officially for Celebrity. Now, it's not quite so clear.....

Edited by ghstudio

Did you pay $10,000.00 for a suite bc of the new suite dining room that promised, in advterising and then on this board, 3 meals a day? Well, I did. I am not happy to hear anything different about it. And I will remain as excited as I want until I get answer as to why Celebrity went back on their word again. This is now the 2nd time regarding the same issue.

I'm sorry this has you so upset. I think you may be hitting your head against a wall trying to get a straight answer.

Edited by Babsfishes
not necessary

So, you agree this is False Information then, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

I'm not getting into semantics. What you call it isn't going to change the reality that Celebrity is still trying to figure out how to implement Luminae, no matter what their marketing says. The reality may change several times between now and when you cruise. The one constant has been that Luminae is open for dinner every night (AFAICR) and that most posters have loved the dinners they had there. If that wouldn't be acceptable to you, this isn't the time to book this cruise. I would hate to be in that position. In a similar vein, Oceania has been waffling about whether e-cigarettes are to be restricted like tobacco products or allowed pretty much everywhere; as a result of their uncertainty on what is a very important issue to me, I have removed them from my future planning.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

I'm not getting into semantics. What you call it isn't going to change the reality that Celebrity is still trying to figure out how to implement Luminae, no matter what their marketing says. The reality may change several times between now and when you cruise. The one constant has been that Luminae is open for dinner every night (AFAICR) and that most posters have loved the dinners they had there. If that wouldn't be acceptable to you, this isn't the time to book this cruise.

I appreciate your posts. One thing people have commented about are the tremendous increase in prices for Suites. I think they opened a can of worms by changing what they were offering twice..., but the prices keep going up.

I'm not getting into semantics. What you call it isn't going to change the reality that Celebrity is still trying to figure out how to implement Luminae, no matter what their marketing says. The reality may change several times between now and when you cruise. The one constant has been that Luminae is open for dinner every night (AFAICR) and that most posters have loved the dinners they had there. If that wouldn't be acceptable to you, this isn't the time to book this cruise. I would hate to be in that position. In a similar vein, Oceania has been waffling about whether e-cigarettes are to be restricted like tobacco products or allowed pretty much everywhere; as a result of their uncertainty on what is a very important issue to me, I have removed them from my future planning.

Thanks for your response. Not really what I wanted to hear, but that's ok. I booked my cruise when Luminae was announced, with 3 meals a day...morning, noon and night. I was tempted to cancel when Luminae rolled out bc they went against their advertising. Shortly after, they clarified on here that the would indeed offer BLD in Luminae. Now I am hearing this may or may not be happening on some or all ships. Collectively, my family and I have been traveling with X since their first ship was afloat. Every year there have been little things here and there, but never false advertising to this extent and then official clarfication that was a blatant lie. Am I going to die if I don't eat 3 meals a day in Luminae? No. But, all of these false promises put a really bad taste in my mouth. If X needed a longer soft rollout of their dining room to work out the kinks, ok but...do not disadvantage the passengers. It is just really poor judgement and treatment of loyal clients...of all clients of theirs. I don't want to leave X, but if they think this is OK, then I will rethink future cruises.

Edited by jenniebnyc

Thank you for your kind response. Of our 7 day cruise, we plan to leave the ship twice. We are doing a carribean cruise and don't find a need to get off in Puerto Rico (which is at 4pm or later anyway). We will get off in St Marteen and st thomas (to head to st John). This was done purposely so we could enjoy Luminae for breakfast or lunch or both and have a relaxing leisurely cruise.

I did that cruise on Reflection 2 years ago and appreciate your intentions. It is my opinion that they adapt their hours based on itinerary and general expectations. Their breakfast hours most days appeared to be 8-9:30 but again this was a port intensive itinerary where most were getting off in that same time period (or earlier like us!) so those hours were logical. If you want a later breakfast than posted, your butler can always serve you on that fabulous balcony pretty much anything you want within reason. They were extremely accommodating and even if they had brunch (loose term that also includes non-breakfast items) would do their best to prepare something off-menu.

Had I not just had the experience I would be anxious as well due to some of the prior posts. That said, some of them may need a vacation more than us [emoji6]

Hi Everyone,

As numerous posts required deletion, this thread is now closed. Thanks for your understanding and participation.