NCL Pride of America --- Onboard laundry?

cruise.mode

I'm assuming that Pride of America does not have a self-service laundry facility. Have any of you used the onboard laundry service? If so, have you been pleased with the results? Does anyone know what it costs, do they have a mid-week special, etc.?

I'm assuming that Pride of America does not have a self-service laundry facility. Have any of you used the onboard laundry service? If so, have you been pleased with the results? Does anyone know what it costs, do they have a mid-week special, etc.?

No NCL ship has a self-serve laundry.

as above, no laundry on board...

you can pay to have it washed (can't remember the cost)

We just used coin-operated laundry in the hotel before and after cruise, and washed the delicates in the shower.

If you take some string, pegs and nail clippers... and take a balcony room, you can rig up a makeshift clothes line... we didn't do this on the PoA - but have done it on other cruises... works a treat.

I suggest tying up one end, then thread the string through each item so even if the pegs come off, they can't blow away...

Good luck

There is a laundry service, and I believe a mid week special. We have never used it, but I believe the cost is about $25 for a fairly large bag containing all you can stuff into it. From everything I have read, it comes back neatly folded and in good condition. I don't recall seeing any complaints.

We had the option of sending out a bag of laundry midway through the cruise. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the cost!

ETA: punkincc and I answered pretty much the same thing at the same time. :)

Edited by greatlakesgirl

We've brought along a travel clothesline on past cruises ---- can be a little awkward to manage, but it works. Sent out laundry once on RCCL ---just white items ---- came back OK for us but have heard complaints about items coming back discolored (think pink underwear LOL), shrunken, etc.

We've brought along a travel clothesline on past cruises ---- can be a little awkward to manage, but it works. Sent out laundry once on RCCL ---just white items ---- came back OK for us but have heard complaints about items coming back discolored (think pink underwear LOL), shrunken, etc.

I seem to recall that NCL provides a "pull out" type line in the showers for hanging. We're not too focused on "laundry" so don't pay much attention to those details, but you might find the info somewhere.

I'm not sure how they keep the laundry orders straight, but I would assume your "order" is not combined with others. To be safe, I'd just use common sense about what you are sending out ( nothing that requires hand laundering, hang dry requirements or that brand new red polo which has never been washed ). A bag full of shorts and tees and permanent press pants and you won't have any issues.

I seem to recall that NCL provides a "pull out" type line in the showers for hanging. We're not too focused on "laundry" so don't pay much attention to those details, but you might find the info somewhere.

I'm not sure how they keep the laundry orders straight, but I would assume your "order" is not combined with others. To be safe, I'd just use common sense about what you are sending out ( nothing that requires hand laundering, hang dry requirements or that brand new red polo which has never been washed ). A bag full of shorts and tees and permanent press pants and you won't have any issues.

Guest laundry is done in smaller machines (7.5 or 15kg) along with crew and officers' laundry. Small iron on tags will be put on the clothes, indicating the cabin, and there may be some interaction between your clothes and others, depending on how busy they are, and how large your laundry order is. But, you should always "buyer beware", and not expect professional treatment of your laundry, and not send out anything that is expensive.

Edited by chengkp75

• 1 month later...

I'm not really sure how helpful this is, but depending on how long you're staying on the islands, you could always wash after the cruise. I'm going on the cruise, and then staying on the big island for a week. Once we get to the big island, I plan on just taking a bunch of my clothes to a laundromat in Kona (after researching them on yelp). Just a suggestion...yelp is a lifesaver :D

I've used the "bag" laundry on NCL at least 20 times. Never have had anything "ruined", and always have been very satisfied with the service. BUT, I am not sending out any "delicates" with my laundry being basic tshirt type stuff.

I too have seen the shower laundry lines. With sink washing, I highly recommend using Zote soap, which is a bar, laundry soap. Cleans and rinses perfectly (unlike like using soap or shampoo for laundry :) )

I'm not really sure how helpful this is, but depending on how long you're staying on the islands, you could always wash after the cruise.

We have 3 pre-cruise days in Honolulu, so we might just look for a laundromat before boarding the ship.

I've used the "bag" laundry on NCL at least 20 times. Never have had anything "ruined", and always have been very satisfied with the service. BUT, I am not sending out any "delicates" with my laundry being basic tshirt type stuff. I too have seen the shower laundry lines. With sink washing, I highly recommend using Zote soap, which is a bar, laundry soap. Cleans and rinses perfectly (unlike like using soap or shampoo for laundry :) )

Glad to hear that you haven't had anything ruined. I guess we've all heard our share of horror stores. Thx for the soap recommendation--will have to look into that! I swear by a product called "Forever New" for any delicate wash. I've got a few sample packs and will bring them along, for sure.