Galveston cruise parking: railroad museum

Wayfairers

Tremont hotel still parks cars for cruise package at Galvez Hotel on Seawall and not at railroad museum , which is sister wyndham operated hotel. You will move your vehicle there morning of cruise to Galvez and ride they're own hotel limo transfer bus back to Tremont hotel or terminal direct . The Galvez is like 20 ft above sea level and the parking garage I believe is 3 floor levels over that.

This according to telephone conversation with hotel just now. We live here in Galveston . What else would need help with.

Edited by ssb

... booked directly with the B&B or hotel...

Howdy Wayfairers! emo22.gif

It appears from your post on another thread you may be considering a booking at the Avenue O B&B. I suggest you call them directly for more information.

It appears they may have some sort of special arrangement for parking their guests at the Railroad Museum parking lot. Normally, cruisers park at the Port of Houston Parking Lots or at one of the many other parking lots for cruisers only.

Hope this helps!

Kat emo32.gif

I had hoped to find someone that had parked their car at this parking lot

You would have to find out that information from one of the previous Avenue O B&B guests since it appears special arrangements were made for them to park there. Hopefully some of them are Cruise Critic members and will see your inquiry.

As I said before, cruisers park at the Port of Houston Parking Lots or at one of the many other parking lots for cruisers only.

Kat emo32.gif

The Avenue O people told me that cruisers that stay at their B&B have been parking at the railroad museum parking lot for 14 years and never had a problem. That is reassuring. We plan to use this parking lot which is 2 blocks from the cruise terminal. It will be an easy walk...Caribbean only cruise won't require much luggage!

The Avenue O people told me that cruisers that stay at their B&B have been parking at the railroad museum parking lot for 14 years and never had a problem. That is reassuring. We plan to use this parking lot which is 2 blocks from the cruise terminal. It will be an easy walk...Caribbean only cruise won't require much luggage!

We parked there after our stay at Avenue O. My DH dropped me and all our luggage next to the porters at the terminal, then went to the lot to park. He walked back and was with me in about 20 minutes. He did the same after the cruise, pulling up to the pickup area to get me and our stuff. It took longer after with so many others being picked up at the same time.

I think we had a card to put in the window to verify we were parking there legally. The people from Avenue O told us what part of the lot to park in. I don't know if there were any attendants in the lot to assist or if the lot was going to be locked. I think it was a lot only for cruisers and was locked when full. (It was fenced with a 10 foot fence.) I can ask my DH tomorrow.

Sorry I forgot to follow up sooner! My DH said there was no attendant in the lot. He just parked in one of the spots the b&b owners specified, making sure his tag was in the window.

He said the lot is also used by the Railroad Museum during the day, so is open then. It appeared it would be locked during the night, but we did not verify that.

Sorry I forgot to follow up sooner! My DH said there was no attendant in the lot. He just parked in one of the spots the b&b owners specified, making sure his tag was in the window.

He said the lot is also used by the Railroad Museum during the day, so is open then. It appeared it would be locked during the night, but we did not verify that.

Thanks for the info!