Seattle airport -hotel- NCL Pearl transfers

Hpcomcom

Hello everyone. We are very first time cruisers and will be boarding the Pearl this coming Sunday for Alaska cruise.

We are seeking information on the best (economical) way to get from SEATAC to downtown hotel, and from the pier to the airport upon return.

We are arriving Seattle 3 days before the cruise.

Thanks so much.

Where are you staying in Seattle?

At the end of my cruise on The Jewel last month, I had purchased a transfer from the ship back to the airport. Walked off the ship, got on the bus and we were off. Very simple.

Enjoy the city, The Pearl and your cruise.

We used one of the shuttle services for both. I believe it was Shuttle Express. Was convenient and reasonable.

Love the Pearl and the Alaska cruise. That was our first, 15 cruises ago. Prepare to become cruise addicted. Bridge viewing room all the way forward on port side, deck 11. Great Outdoors excellent for breakfast. Spinnaker Lounge forward deck 13. Wish were were boarding on Sunday. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Best economical way from SeaTac to downtown Seattle?

Only one answer: SoundTransit Link: http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail

Clean, quick, light rail from the airport to downtown. Couple of bucks per person.

It does help for others to know where you will be staying when asking these sorts of questions.

Also check out (and search) the West Coast Departures forum here on Cruise Critic. Tons of info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

If you want really economical there is a light rail connection. But that may involve some walking with your luggage, so perhaps Shuttle Express is best. What is your hotel?

I don't think the light rail goes close enough to the pier to be useful for your return. Depending on how many of you there are, the NCL transfer may be the best option for your return. The Seattle Cruise terminal is excellent, but once you get out of the terminal and try to find a taxi or limo, everything gets very disorganized and crowded.

I am not positive but there is a bus called The Airporter that goes to a number of downtown hotels that might work. You will find it out the door off baggage claim that says" Ground Transportation". I have used it a number of times when staying downtown. Some of the downtown hotels have their own shuttles. Might want to check with the hotel.

Have a great cruise.

Information I neglected to add when asking about airport to hotel trains. We are staying at Crowne Plaze, 1113 Sixth. There are 4 in our party.

You can see here that the Crowne Plaza is about 2 or 3 blocks from the Link University St Station. I recall that route along Seneca is fairly flat and an easy walk, as long as the group can handle their own bags.

sea1.jpg

Last time we were in Seattle for an Alaska cruise we took the light rail to the stop as outlined in the prior post and also stayed at the Crowne Plaza. From the terminal to the rail station at the airport is a bit of a hike but flat.

Once off at University there is a block or two of hill to the Crowne Plaza. When we got to the hotel there were a bunch of folks kind of loitering around the corner of the hotel outside and we were trying to figure out why.

We checked in, got in the elevator and there were a bunch of real big guys and it happened to be the Minnesota Vikings were in town for a game the next day. There is a pool upstairs that faces the pier so the next morning when we were in the pool you could look out the window and see the ship - I didn't tell anyone we were going on a cruise. Going to the pier was down hill although we didn't have our route too well figure out and there were a bunch of steps you had to go down based on the way we went but there must have been a better route.

On the way back to the airport, we just took a cab. I looked at the buses/connections and light rail and it just wasn't worth the hassle.