Wine for B2B

We are on a B2B.

Can we bring 4 bottles on embarkation day for the 2 cruises. After the first cruise we will be staying on board.

Thanks.

Yes, have some paperwork to prove the second cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5447&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

Edited by clarea

We are on a B2B.

Can we bring 4 bottles on embarkation day for the 2 cruises. After the first cruise we will be staying on board.

Thanks.

Yes you can bring on 4 bottles. Just have the paperwork for the 2nd cruise for security and you're good to go.

FWIW, on our recent Adventure B2B they just delivered the luggage, with the extra bottles to our room. We did not have to provide any documentation, although, we were obviously prepared to do so. I liked that.

Great to hear. We're doing a B2B on Adventure too. I read elsewhere that there is a duty-free shop at the pier that sells wine. You have already gone through security and yet you can purchase wine there. Has anyone done that?

Great to hear. We're doing a B2B on Adventure too. I read elsewhere that there is a duty-free shop at the pier that sells wine. You have already gone through security and yet you can purchase wine there. Has anyone done that?

Yes, we have purchased wine and bottled water there several times.

FWIW, on our recent Adventure B2B they just delivered the luggage, with the extra bottles to our room. We did not have to provide any documentation, although, we were obviously prepared to do so. I liked that.

Just an observation. I would bet a case of wine that your luggage was delivered to your room is because they missed it. NOT because they realized you were on a B2B.

Just an observation. I would bet a case of wine that your luggage was delivered to your room is because they missed it. NOT because they realized you were on a B2B.

I'm sure that was the reason. Point is, as long as you are on a B2B, you can bring 4 bottles. I expected they would keep a couple until the 2nd cruise, but, in the end, it worked out easier for everybody.

I have seen the store. Who is monitoring this because it is after security checkin? Can my husband by 2 and I go and buy 2?

There is a desk you must pass right before the escalator staffed by crewmembers and they may check your bags there.

We are on a B2B.

Thanks.

In Feb. on the Oasis they took two of the bottles and kept them and said they would deliver them at the end of the cruise. My husband had two in his carry on and I had the other two. They did not deliver them and we had to ask guest services to have them delivered. They were delivered on the second day of the cruise---which was no problem, but we did have to ask for them.

When the wine policy came into being I called C&A and they told be it was OK to take wine for the second cruise…just to print out the SetSail pass for both weeks and second two bottles would be delivered to the cabin at the end of the first cruise. We've been on many B2Bs since then and have not had a problem. We even took 6 bottles on a B2B2B.

Then, when boarding the Allure in March (B2B) the second two bottles were confiscated by security at the scanners and tagged "Prohibited Items". They said that they would give them back to us when we disembarked. That did not sit well with me so I found an officer from the ship and he took care of the situation; bottles were delivered the last night of the first half of the B2B.

As usual, consistency is not to be expected with Royal Caribbean.

On our B2B, Explorer out of Port Canaveral last November, we brought our four bottles in carryon luggage and no one paid any attention to them or whether we were consecutive cruisers. It probably depends on the port/ship and time of year how careful they are about checking.

Just thought of this.

On the last night of the first cruise they deliver the liquor to your cabin that you purchased.

Could I purchase 2 bottles of wine or something else and have this delivered on the last night of the first cruise.

Would they know that I am back to back.

Or maybe I can purchase the two bottles of wine that are allowed for the second cruise.

Just thought of this.

On the last night of the first cruise they deliver the liquor to your cabin that you purchased.

Could I purchase 2 bottles of wine or something else and have this delivered on the last night of the first cruise.

Would they know that I am back to back.

Or maybe I can purchase the two bottles of wine that are allowed for the second cruise.

No way to know for sure. Sometimes they take into account that you are a consecutive cruiser, and sometimes they don't.

Easy enough to get the 4 bottles on. Put two in your carry on and two in your travel partners carry on. Go through the security screeners a couple minutes apart. Have done this on several B2B with no issue.

Edited by looking4info