I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

Quick question regarding the OBC. Does anyone know if everyone affected by the Breeze/Magic switch was supposed to receive the $50pp OBC? We were originally on the Magic and now will be sailing on the Breeze. Very happy, as we have sailed on and loved them both, and it's definitely not a downgrade. That being said, if we are eligible for the OBC, we want to make sure we get it! Thanks in advance!

Yes. It showed up on our payment information under cruise details when you log in on the carnival site. We even changed sailings (now on the Magic) and still get to keep the OBC. So we got a cheaper cruise and $50pp OBC.

Enjoy the Breeze - she is our favorite ship and we were looking forward to sailing on her once more before she left FL. :)

I just looked at the dry dock schedule again and the Valor is now showing full 2.0 upgrades. The Splendor is only getting a couple new bars.

Is there a link or picture to the drydock schedule for the Splendor? We're sailing on Splendor(Breeze was the original ship before the change) next summer.

We ended up getting an additional $100.00 OBC for the cabin ($50.00 for my wife and I) as an incentive to stay with the same cruise, but on the Sensation instead of the Victory. We were agreeable to the change with compensation offered by Carnival.

That's not a very good shift...

We've decided to go with the Magic. I just can't pay the Breeze prices for the Splendor. We will miss out on 2 of the islands we were looking forward to, but that's OK.

By sailing on the Magic, we may be able to squeeze in a few days at Disney World and/or Universal Studios after the cruise.

I just looked at the dry dock schedule again and the Valor is now showing full 2.0 upgrades. The Splendor is only getting a couple new bars.
What about the Magic? I'm hoping for Guy's

The Magic is also supposed to be getting them. We were considering doing the Magic but we want our original itinerary. The Valor will give us that and then we have to decide what to do before or after in Port Canaveral. I don't think we need Disney, maybe Universal as we have never been.

We were booked on the Magic out of Galveston for 6-12-16, because we had sailed her in 2013 we really liked her. Now we have the Breeze out of Galveston and since it's the same Dream class we kept the same 4 rooms on the Verandah. So actually a first time on Breeze for us so we're happy!

We just moved our booking from the Splendor to the Magic. We booked the same Cove Balcony room we had originally booked on the Breeze before we were moved to Splendor. It's a closer drive to PC than to Miami and it's now a 7 day Magic vs a 6 day Breeze. I was hoping to sail the Breeze one more time before she moved to Texas, but I'm excited to sail the Magic.

I have moved my reservation to the Valor same itinerary, a week early and about $70 more total for the 4 of us. Though a porthole room rather that a 4J. I think if I ever book again I will do it direct, it is such a mess. The TA doesn't have a dedicated person to talk to so was getting all kinds of different stories and then a rate $200 higher than the one on the screen. I sent her a screen shot, she called back and was then given a rate $300 less than the one on the screen. She goes to book and then the Carnival person realizes she didn't change the year.

I have moved my reservation to the Valor same itinerary, a week early and about $70 more total for the 4 of us. Though a porthole room rather that a 4J. I think if I ever book again I will do it direct, it is such a mess. The TA doesn't have a dedicated person to talk to so was getting all kinds of different stories and then a rate $200 higher than the one on the screen. I sent her a screen shot, she called back and was then given a rate $300 less than the one on the screen. She goes to book and then the Carnival person realizes she didn't change the year.

Glad you found something that will work for you!

It does get a little crazy when there is a TA involved - because Carnival will not speak with you - even though it's your booking - they will only desk with the TA. [emoji20]

Due to the change in ship, my ES deposit is now a future cruise credit and I'd rather have a refund. Anyone know how to request a policy exception?

I had a similar situation. When I received the cancelation email, I immediately stared looking for a replacement cruise. I was originally on the Breeze repo cruise on November 27, 2016 so our cruise was canceled outright instead of being switched to another ship.

I found cruises for the Breeze on Nov 27 and Dec 4, 2016 listed on the Carnival website available for booking, exactly the same dates I had for the repo cruise except 2 days longer. I booked the same cabin for the b2b on the phone with an agent at Carnival.

Since this was June16th, the same day the email came out, the booking agent was not able to apply my $50 OBC pp ($100 total) at that time. When I called back on Friday they applied my OBC with no problems and even said an additional $50 because I stayed on the same ship.

The deposit from the canceled repo cruise wasn't able to transfer for some reason so they said that it would be credited to my credit card (original form of payment). I had already made another 2 x $500 deposits when booked the replacement cruises.

Didn't you get an email saying that you could cancel with a full refund if your ship was changed?

Edited by Hawaiifrank

I am booked on the now Splendor cruise 6/12/16 and am getting married on there as well. So of course 2 days after I booked the cruise and the wedding--we get an email that the ship changed. My TA said they were planning some 2.0 upgrades and I found one site that has the Splendor listed to dry dock March 2016 but no specifics about upgrades....guess we shall see!!!

I am booked on the now Splendor cruise 6/12/16 and am getting married on there as well. So of course 2 days after I booked the cruise and the wedding--we get an email that the ship changed. My TA said they were planning some 2.0 upgrades and I found one site that has the Splendor listed to dry dock March 2016 but no specifics about upgrades....guess we shall see!!!

Nice to see someone else in the same boat as me! I am getting married on the May 7th 2016 sailing, took a while to let go of the fact that it wouldn't be the breeze, but I am starting to accept it now :)

Nice to see someone else in the same boat as me! I am getting married on the May 7th 2016 sailing, took a while to let go of the fact that it wouldn't be the breeze, but I am starting to accept it now :)

Yes me too!!! We just have to keep the wedding and marrying our loves in the forefront of our minds......Congratulations and Happy Sailing!!!

Have you asked about a refund - based on the circumstances??

I did request a refund back to OFOP instead of a FCC due to the circumstances. However 10 days has passed, no response. Sent email again. Just get a standard reply email saying I will get a reply in 7-10 days. Seems like a black hole!

If we would of booked for the ship i would be pissed. However, this time booked because of the port. So for a 7 day cruise in Oct we didn't have an option. We get the Dream.

you've got 2 options. Cancel or enjoy the hand that your dealt. Personally, any day on the boat is better than not being on the boat! Hopefully it will work out for you!

I did request a refund back to OFOP instead of a FCC due to the circumstances. However 10 days has passed, no response. Sent email again. Just get a standard reply email saying I will get a reply in 7-10 days. Seems like a black hole!

Not sure I'd wait any longer for them to contact you.

I would call the 800 # and continue to request escalation to higher supervisors until you get resolution. It will take some time - and some of the reps/supervisors may tell you that there is nothing else then can do - so that is when you ask for their supervisor.

Good luck - whatever you decide.

We went on the splendor last year and the sunshine this year. We had a group of 27 last year and everyone had a great time. The splendor wasn't as fancy but it was easy to navigate and the staff was wonderful. When we got on the sunshine a few people in our group complained that they didn't like the ship as much as the splendor