I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

Yes...I got the same letter and was expecting an adjustment down too. But then was told no - that for our sailing the price was the same! :mad:

Still think that's going to he a hard sell for those who booked the Breeze! :cool:

I agree. I imagine anyone who truly researched the ships will cancel or change the booking to a better ship.

Despite the statement in the letter, they act like they have the "upper hand" right now with pricing, because Splendor cruises are not posted for our dates yet. So, they can pretty much determine the price to suit their revenue for Breeze, while providing a much lesser product.

However, we are the customers and in reality truly do have the upper hand to cancel. :) I will be cruising, just most possibly with NCL or Celebrity, based upon current pricing.

I was booked on the Breeze, now Splendor. I've been on and off the phone with my PVP and other folks at Carnival. I get different answers every time I call. I'm actually looking to move my reservation to a different ship now. I was originally booked with the reduced deposit promotion, and she told me that if I switched ships, that I'd have to pay the remaining deposit amount. Plus she told me that even though the letter stated $50 OBC per person, they cap it at $100 per room.... I had 2 connecting rooms with 5 people... I'm ok with having to pay the remaining deposit amount if I switch, although I feel that shouldn't be the case, but the fact that they appear to be making up their own rules is rediculous. They also told me that I can't make any changes until at least Friday... At this point, I'm very tempted on just canceling altogether.

Edited by johnnyf0614

If I read right, the SPlendor is through 2016, leading to the possible move to west coast in 2017 still. The Miracle debate is still unresolved....time will tell

Well, Bare Necessities Tour and Travel has a charter cruise open for booking on the Miracle out of Tampa for February 5-14, 2017. It is a nude cruise charter.

Well, Bare Necessities Tour and Travel has a charter cruise open for booking on the Miracle out of Tampa for February 5-14, 2017. It is a nude cruise charter.

Wow...

Do the crew get hazard pay? Who are the poor souls going around cleaning up all the seating areas?

Are the 2.0 upgrades on the magic? If so, that might be an option.

The Magic will dry dock in April of 2014, and will being getting the 2.0 upgrades! It will than head to Port Canaveral afterwards!

I was booked on the Breeze, now Splendor. I've been on and off the phone with my PVP and other folks at Carnival. I get different answers every time I call. I'm actually looking to move my reservation to a different ship now. I was originally booked with the reduced deposit promotion, and she told me that if I switched ships, that I'd have to pay the remaining deposit amount. Plus she told me that even though the letter stated $50 OBC per person, they cap it at $100 per room.... I had 2 connecting rooms with 5 people... I'm ok with having to pay the remaining deposit amount if I switch, although I feel that shouldn't be the case, but the fact that they appear to be making up their own rules is rediculous. They also told me that I can't make any changes until at least Friday... At this point, I'm very tempted on just canceling altogether.

Johnny....I lost my $50 credit/person this morning when I switched from the Splendor to the Breeze next May. I just called back Carnival and told them I had heard from people were able to keep their deposits when changing ships and I wanted to know why I couldn't keep my credits. She confirmed with her supervisor that no....when switching ships the credits would get removed. Please report back if you were able to keep yours. Thanks!

Johnny....I lost my $50 credit/person this morning when I switched from the Splendor to the Breeze next May. I just called back Carnival and told them I had heard from people were able to keep their deposits when changing ships and I wanted to know why I couldn't keep my credits. She confirmed with her supervisor that no....when switching ships the credits would get removed. Please report back if you were able to keep yours. Thanks!

There is so much misinformation it's crazy! I just spoke with my PVP who spoke with her supervisor. She confirmed that my $50 per person OBC as well as my promotional reduced deposit is "protected" if I decide to move to a different ship of equivalent stateroom. She has told me this several times, even confirming with her supervisor several times. I spoke to other reps who have said the same, but I did speak with someone today who told me that I would lose it. So who knows. The latest now is that I can't do anything until at least Friday or Saturday. I'm looking to move to the Valor instead of Splendor.

We switched. Got $150.00 OBC (3 of us in the room) and we didn't have to wait until Friday to do it. We did it yesterday. Maybe because we switched to a more expensive cruise? (From 8 nights to 11).

It really seems like the answer you get depends on who you talk to.

We switched. Got $150.00 OBC (3 of us in the room) and we didn't have to wait until Friday to do it. We did it yesterday. Maybe because we switched to a more expensive cruise? (From 8 nights to 11).

It really seems like the answer you get depends on who you talk to.

Which ship did you end up switching too. I've heard that there are only issues switching to ships that were recently changed, ie. Valor, Splendor, Breeze, Magic.

Which ship did you end up switching too. I've heard that there are only issues switching to ships that were recently changed, ie. Valor, Splendor, Breeze, Magic.

I know you were not asking me but....

We had 6 cabins on the Breeze for Sept 2016 - Carnival moved us to the Splendor yesterday - our PVP moved us all back to the Breeze out of Galveston today for Sept 2016.

We have all gotten $50/pp and those of us that had the $25 OBC from the previous promotion had it moved over as well.

You usually can't book airfare 16 months in advance....9 months is pushing it on most airlines. And no one is holding a gun to anyone's head. Don't like the ship or itinerary change...then cancel (there is no fee...even with ES).

On Delta we booked our airfare 2/26/15 for our 1/9/16 - 1/23/16 B2B.

The Magic will dry dock in April of 2014, and will being getting the 2.0 upgrades! It will than head to Port Canaveral afterwards!

I'm not I'd sure believe that!! [emoji20]

We book the Victory this past May - because it was to be just out of dry dock and getting the "full 2.0" upgrades. It got 2 new bars (Alchemy and Skybox) and some new carpet - NOTHING else visible. No Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana or any cabin updates.

Similar things happened to the Miracle....so I would not count on the 2.0 upgrades. [emoji15]

I'm not I'd sure believe that!! [emoji20]

We book the Victory this past May - because it was to be just out of dry dock and getting the "full 2.0" upgrades. It got 2 new bars (Alchemy and Skybox) and some new carpet - NOTHING else visible. No Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana or any cabin updates.

Similar things happened to the Miracle....so I would not count on the 2.0 upgrades. [emoji15]

It's going in for a full 2.0 upgrade. Check out:

http://www.cruisin. me/info/carnival-cruise-lines/dry-dock-schedule.php

The miracle has not be scheduled for the 2.0 upgrade yet.

Edited by psk2347

It's going in for a full 2.0 upgrade. Check out:

http://www.cruisin. me/info/carnival-cruise-lines/dry-dock-schedule.php

The miracle has not be scheduled for the 2.0 upgrade yet.

You link doesn't work....but the Victory was also listed as scheduled for a "full 2.0" in April of this year - and it was severely reduced 2 bars and some carpet.

What an awful huge downgrade, I feel so sorry for those who booked airfare for Breeze. We were on Slendor, one of the worst cruises of the 22 we have been on, about a big a dropoff you can get from 1 Carnival ship to another.

I would be pissed, sure they can do it but it sucks and only $50?

With the cruise over a year away, nobody has booked any airfare.

I found the right link. Though just because Funship 2.0 is supposed to happen does not mean they will finish all the upgrades during Drydock http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/dry-dock-schedule.php ok so it stars them out. You had to remove the backspace in the url in the other post

Edited by familycruzinnewbie

I have not received my email yet giving me my new room, however it came up on manage my cruise , I booked the long balcony on the breeze but on the splendor they assigned me two up from that room in a regular size balcony, same price and they did not add the OBC .. I am going to cancel it but thought I would wait until closer till the ten days is up .right now I am so confused and do not want to do something harsh and then be even more mad at myself . I just do not know why they did not put me in the long balcony on the splendor obviously no one has it booed yet .

With the cruise over a year away, nobody has booked any airfare.

Not true!

My neighbor was on one of the sailings that were interrupted and replaced with the Splendor and had his airfare booked and confirmed for a month. He was flying with JetSuite, per my recommendation. They are a great airline and definitely better than any of the legacy carriers. Carnival would not offer anything other than the $50 onboard credit so he kept his flight, waiting for his cruise refund and booked with a competitor.

Edited by Gryffindor55

There is so much misinformation it's crazy! I just spoke with my PVP who spoke with her supervisor. She confirmed that my $50 per person OBC as well as my promotional reduced deposit is "protected" if I decide to move to a different ship of equivalent stateroom. She has told me this several times, even confirming with her supervisor several times. I spoke to other reps who have said the same, but I did speak with someone today who told me that I would lose it. So who knows. The latest now is that I can't do anything until at least Friday or Saturday. I'm looking to move to the Valor instead of Splendor.

Make sure you write down the dates of those conversations. My PVP and I had a disagreement last year about a conversation we had. She and her supervisor reviewed the recordings from the day we spoke and it proved I was right. (She was saying I hadn't cancelled, just didn't make the final payment and therefore wasn't entitled to the deposit minus the $50 for Early Saver.) Or email you PVP about it.

I am so sorry to all of you who have to deal with this mess. I would be very disappointed to be moved from Breeze to Splendor. how can they even pretend to think that is a comparable switch? Just terrible.

I was on the Breeze repo, but instead of being rebooked on the Splendour like some people on that sailing, my cruise was cancelled flat-out. I found out via an email sent to me in the dead of night. What a great start to my day that was! :mad: :( :mad:

The Splendour, I'm sure, is a nice ship, but it's not the Breeze. And the "substitute" itineraries that have been announced are nowhere near as great as the ones that got cancelled.

Turns out Carnival didn't tell ANYONE, even their front-line people, what they were doing, so the PVPs didn't know until they started to get angry phone calls. Kudos to them for handling things as well as they did in an unnecessarily chaotic situation.

Fortunately for me, I was able to book a cruise on the Dream, getting a better cabin (spa!) for way less than what I was paying for a 4J on the Breeze! Plus the $150 OBC ($100 for the Journeys offer, $50 OBC/pp for being cancelled on), I'm coming out ahead.

I am positive you have gotten some bum information!

If you contact me at the email below I will share the details of our cabin transfers and OBC - but I'm not willing to do it on a public forum! ;)

Im going to cancel my Breeze, now Splendour, cruise on May 1st of next year. I won't sail a Carnival ship without 2.0 upgrades and was booked on the Breeze SPECIFICALLY because of the ships interior design and amenities. At this point the Breeze was the ONLY Carnival ship I had an interest in booking.

I will be looking at NCL Escape or RCCL Oasis as alternates for the same timeframe. They may cost me more, but I'm ok with that.

The May 1st, 2016 4 night sailing on the Breeze is still going to take place, I switched to that sailing this afternoon. My PVP said it is the last sailing from Miami before the move to Texas.

I am positive you have gotten some bum information!

If you contact me at the email below I will share the details of our cabin transfers and OBC - but I'm not willing to do it on a public forum! ;)

Just sent you an email, but essentially my PVP debunked this answer from another rep as well. PVP told me that the reduced deposit and OBC are protected and will transfer with me for any itinerary I choose as long as the stateroom is equivalent to what I had. I'm looking to book in the Valor but the July 16, 2016 is apparently blocked right now until later in the week.

Edited by johnnyf0614

We are switching from a 5 day Breeze on 5/21 to a 7 day Magic on the same date. We got to keep our $50 pp OBC and our $50 per cabin OBC from Military Month (although I had to fight for the latter). Magic is costing us $800 more out of pocket although we get $300 back in OBC. Flights are usually cheaper to MCO vs. FLL on Southwest so I should just about break even AND get 2 extra days out of it. I am satisfied with our outcome, but really annoyed at how much fighting it took to resolve. When I am trying to pay you $800 EXTRA dollars for an issue YOU caused in the first place, do NOT fight with me over my $100 in Military Appreciation OBC. So stupid! Once I told them I had an Oasis cruise in my cart online and they were about to lose our $3500 booking over $100 in OBC suddenly they were cooperative.

Also... very annoyed that they are able to rebook immediately for some but some are having to wait until Friday. Get your crap together before announcing a huge change.

Edited by KristiandEvan