I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

I was also affected by this. Got my new booking info today. Went from a cove balcony to an 8A on deck six and price only dropped $10 PP. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't want to sail the splendor but I also don't want to do a 7 day out of Texas in order to sail on the Breeze. Sigh. I also have the Vista repo booked so I have to decide if I can live with the date changes there also.

Im going to cancel my Breeze, now Splendour, cruise on May 1st of next year. I won't sail a Carnival ship without 2.0 upgrades and was booked on the Breeze SPECIFICALLY because of the ships interior design and amenities. At this point the Breeze was the ONLY Carnival ship I had an interest in booking.

I will be looking at NCL Escape or RCCL Oasis as alternates for the same timeframe. They may cost me more, but I'm ok with that.

I was also affected by this. Got my new booking info today. Went from a cove balcony to an 8A on deck six and price only dropped $10 PP. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't want to sail the splendor but I also don't want to do a 7 day out of Texas in order to sail on the Breeze. Sigh. I also have the Vista repo booked so I have to decide if I can live with the date changes there also.

I have not received my new booking yet how did they do this just assign you a new room with the difference in price . I called Carnival yesterday after getting the email but they said until I get my new booking they can not help me , I want a certain room, I do not want that taken while they are trying to decide who is staying and who is going

I have not received my new booking yet how did they do this just assign you a new room with the difference in price . I called Carnival yesterday after getting the email but they said until I get my new booking they can not help me , I want a certain room, I do not want that taken while they are trying to decide who is staying and who is going

They sent me a new booking confirmation with the new price, ship and cabin number. Although the cabin is still aft, it is not comparable with Breeze. We had one of the "secret" larger balconies on Breeze.

Although the e-mail stated that we get $50 per person OBC, we only got $50 for the cabin on our confirmation. It was probably an oversight as they pushed these confirmations out as fast as possible. I am still going to cancel, as our "new" price is only $40 less than we paid and Splendor is definitely NOT worth that price.

This is the second cruise in a row this has happened to me. Originally booked the Liberty for this October and when they announced the switch to the Valor I moved my booking to the Glory. Now I was booked in a Cove Balcony on the Breeze for next September and am being moved to the Splendor. I have yet to get my room assignement, but it looks like it will be just a regular balcony. This was a cruise we booked specifically for the Breeze and not for the ports. I will most likely cancel the Splendor and perhaps move my booking to the Magic, but the website isn't updated yet so I can't even research.

The letter I got said I had 10 days to make changes, but how can you make changes when their website doesn't give me the ability to do the proper research.

There was 4 of us for $2200 for 8 days on the Breeze, inside rate with that window/secret door things. It's over $4000 for the Allure. NCL has some interesting options but I still don't know how to put 4 of us in an inside or outside room - the Alaska and Northern Europe itineraries are nice. For Caribbean you get better deals on the old ships and the Getaway won't be in service yet.

Carnival - I'm trying to confirm some numbers but not all options are entered yet. But I can stay with out St. Maarten itinerary on Splendor or Valor. Could do similar on Sunshine for NYC for a huge price increase. I could switch to Magic and do 7 day, but some itineraries are boring.

We were booked on Breeze for Oct. 2016. My family and my parents.

No desire to sail the Splendor but we loved the itinerary. (Eastern). They did not reduce the price for us from Breeze to Splendor but gave us $50.00 pp OBC.

Called my PVP (LOVE HIM) to look at another solution.

Canceled the Splendor and got our deposits transferred to the Vista sailing out of NYC Nov. 2016. 11 nights, no airfare (we are NYS residence) and Eastern itinerary. We still got the $50.00 pp OBC. Although the Vista is more expensive, we are adding 3 nights AND not paying for air. Win win win. Can't wait to sail the Vista. (As long as THAT cruise doesn't get changed)!

We were booked on the Breeze for May 15, 2016 out of Miami and we weren't happy about switching to the Splendor. There's no comparison in ships. I called this morning and switched our reservation back to the Breeze leaving from Galveston. We got the same room types (we have 3 rooms booked) and it's now a 7-day cruise rather than a 6-day and our rates stayed pretty much the same (a bit cheaper) so we're ecstatic--one extra day on the ship.

I should mention we did lose the $50/person credit offered in the letter.

We were booked on the Breeze for May 15, 2016 out of Miami and we weren't happy about switching to the Splendor. There's no comparison in ships. I called this morning and switched our reservation back to the Breeze leaving from Galveston. We got the same room types (we have 3 rooms booked) and it's now a 7-day cruise rather than a 6-day and our rates stayed pretty much the same (a bit cheaper) so we're ecstatic--one extra day on the ship.

I should mention we did lose the $50/person credit offered in the letter.

Why did you lose the OBC? I was told several times, that if we move our reservation to another ship within the 10 days, the OBC transfers with us to the new reservation.

They will convert the usual burger place to a guys burger place, and add red frog pub if it doesn't have it, add the blue iguana cantina and tequila bar, they will add in the C side BBQ and replace the current show with the Playlist show. Someone else might be able to tell more about the 2.0, our last cruise was before they started rolling those out.

I wouldn't count on that. Carnival has promised a lot of ships would get 2.0 upgrades, and then didn't. I definitely wouldn't count my chickens until they are hatched on this one.

There was 4 of us for $2200 for 8 days on the Breeze, inside rate with that window/secret door things. It's over $4000 for the Allure. NCL has some interesting options but I still don't know how to put 4 of us in an inside or outside room - the Alaska and Northern Europe itineraries are nice. For Caribbean you get better deals on the old ships and the Getaway won't be in service yet.

Carnival - I'm trying to confirm some numbers but not all options are entered yet. But I can stay with out St. Maarten itinerary on Splendor or Valor. Could do similar on Sunshine for NYC for a huge price increase. I could switch to Magic and do 7 day, but some itineraries are boring.

You should double check that. The Getaway is already in service, it is the Escape coming out next year. I found a good rate for us on the Getaway at the end of May, better than what I could find with Carnival. The kids sail free or half price is a good promo, plus the UBP, UDP or other promos.

Thanks. For some reason I cannot get the Getaway to come up for August 2016.

I see that as well. People comment that NCL's website has a lot of glitches, but that seems a strange one. Perhaps it is being charted for the entire month? She is still in Miami in September. She entered service in February 2014, so I can't imagine a dry dock this soon.

Why did you lose the OBC? I was told several times, that if we move our reservation to another ship within the 10 days, the OBC transfers with us to the new reservation.

I was told I lost it because we went from a 6-day to 7-day cruise for the same fare. Looking at the current rates posted for our Breeze cruise, it pretty much ends up being a wash as the difference in the amounts is about equal to the credit we would have gotten. For us personally, we're thrilled to be on the 7-day. I would have loved getting the credit in addition, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

They will convert the usual burger place to a guys burger place, and add red frog pub if it doesn't have it, add the blue iguana cantina and tequila bar, they will add in the C side BBQ and replace the current show with the Playlist show. Someone else might be able to tell more about the 2.0, our last cruise was before they started rolling those out.

Not sure that I trust that it will get the "full 2.0" upgrades. The Miracle and the Victory were supposed to and when they came out of drydock there was real disappointment for those who booked expecting the upgrades.

The Victory only got a couple of new bars (Alchemy and Skybox) and some new carpet. No Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana and no upgrades to the cabins at all. In fact they still have the clunky tv's that take up the whole counter! :rolleyes:

I hear it was the same for the Miracle so I would not count on any ship getting the full upgrades any time soon! :o

I would like to know this too, or what will be done to Magic during the dry dock?

We got offered a $40 price drop (Really?) for the change from Breeze to Splendor, as well as only $50 OBC for the stateroom. We are definitely cancelling... I hope they have some good deals coming on Magic, but I am considering NCL or Celebrity in stead. RCI prices have increased a lot during the past year. Glad we booked when they still had great deals for us, but we cannot replace the deal we had on Breeze...

Interesting....because most I have spoken with have been expected to move to the Splendor with NO price adjustment. I was only offered the OBC for the "inconvenience" of the move - no drop in the price for a much older ship with fewer amenities. :o

That's just ONE of the reasons we were not ok sticking with the Splendor.

Interesting....because most I have spoken with have been expected to move to the Splendor with NO price adjustment. I was only offered the OBC for the "inconvenience" of the move - no drop in the price for a much older ship with fewer amenities. :o

That's just ONE of the reasons we were not ok sticking with the Splendor.

Here is a copy of the letter. In the fourth paragraph, it states that pricing will be adjusted to Splendor rates. To me, the adjustment was definitely not reflective of the downgraded ship. We are trying to switch to Magic, but may just cancel altogether if the summer Magic sailings are not posted soon.

image.jpg1_zpswamkicfc.jpg

Here is a copy of the letter. In the fourth paragraph, it states that pricing will be adjusted to Splendor rates. To me, the adjustment was definitely not reflective of the downgraded ship. We are trying to switch to Magic, but may just cancel altogether if the summer Magic sailings are not posted soon.

image.jpg1_zpswamkicfc.jpg

Yes...I got the same letter and was expecting an adjustment down too. But then was told no - that for our sailing the price was the same! :mad:

Still think that's going to he a hard sell for those who booked the Breeze! :cool: