I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

Quick question regarding the OBC. Does anyone know if everyone affected by the Breeze/Magic switch was supposed to receive the $50pp OBC? We were originally on the Magic and now will be sailing on the Breeze. Very happy, as we have sailed on and loved them both, and it's definitely not a downgrade. That being said, if we are eligible for the OBC, we want to make sure we get it! Thanks in advance!

Quick question regarding the OBC. Does anyone know if everyone affected by the Breeze/Magic switch was supposed to receive the $50pp OBC? We were originally on the Magic and now will be sailing on the Breeze. Very happy, as we have sailed on and loved them both, and it's definitely not a downgrade. That being said, if we are eligible for the OBC, we want to make sure we get it! Thanks in advance!

I do not believe there is OBC for that situation - they are sister ships and you've been transferred to a newer ship.

I wasn't rebooked on the Splendour (I had been on the Breeze repo for November 2016) but the letter from Carnival clearly states that the $50 OBC will be credited once I select another cruise. There are no restrictions or limits in that letter & I've seen no limits placed on it in letters sent to those rebooked on the Splendour, so I'm not sure why the $50 OBC is having to get "approved."

Price adjustments are not supposed to show up until Monday or Tuesday when they open the ships for booking. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

They actually did adjust our price, even though Splendor bookings are not open. I am not sure why. We were not satisfied with the small price drop for the decreased value.

I cancelled our cruise today. I had to be on hold for about 10 minutes so that a supervisor could approve the cancellation, but the service rep was very kind and apologetic. Let's just hope my full refund shows up in 10-12 days, like they stated...

Is there a way to see if the price of your cruise has changed? I booked the Breeze early because we really wanted the combination of boat, itinerary and cabin. The more issues I have with this, the more I feel like we should just cancel completely.

You can log in to carnival.com - my cruises - with your booking number and see the details of your booking, including your booked rate.

To watch for rate changes there's no way except to do mock bookings - that I know of. [emoji20]

Edited by happy cruzin

I found it in the cruise documents. It shows an invoice for $200 less than I paid, which I presume is the reduced rate and not the $50 pp. But we are still in a crappy cabin (4 in a true inside instead of a nice 4J). I can get the nicer cabin on the Valor the week earlier though it is more than my Breeze rate (though would be covered by OBC)

We also are affected by the Breeze move and were switched to the Splendor. Also the room was not like our corner window room on Breeze but a regular oceanview on riviera. Price was eventually repriced $100 less pp. But never got the $50 pp OBC?

So after 2 calls I was able to get back my corner room on Magic on a similar 8 day for the same price as Splendor price. And got my $100 OBC for 2pp! Feel better now.

Sorry, to all whose cruise was effected by the ship change. We went through this with the Liberty and the Valor, I booked the Liberty and got moved to the Valor. The Valor didn't have the upgrades like the Liberty did and we were going to Bonaire instead of Curacao. No compensation or apology given.

Both the Valor and the Magic are heading into drydock before our cruise. So it's just a matter of what upgrades they get. I think either will be nicer than the Splendor for us. I just hope the Valor gets all the upgrades. Itinerary wise - since DH poo pooed Western it is either our original itinerary of San Juan, Grand Turk, St Maarten and St. Kitts for the Valor 8 day or San Juan, Grand Turk, St Thomas and Amber Cove on Magic on the 7 day. They tell be our room is not available on the Magic though which is strange.

Both the Valor and the Magic are heading into drydock before our cruise. So it's just a matter of what upgrades they get. I think either will be nicer than the Splendor for us. I just hope the Valor gets all the upgrades. Itinerary wise - since DH poo pooed Western it is either our original itinerary of San Juan, Grand Turk, St Maarten and St. Kitts for the Valor 8 day or San Juan, Grand Turk, St Thomas and Amber Cove on Magic on the 7 day. They tell be our room is not available on the Magic though which is strange.

I was told by my wedding coordinator with Carnival that the Splendor is scheduled for dry dock next March, I hope this is true because we were to get Married on the Breeze and for many reasons can not switch to a different ship and are now stuck with the splendor.

I was on the Valor 8/6/16 cruise and they moved us to the Magic. We not only did NOT get any OBC but we had 2 cabins booked across the hall on the Valor and they put us on 2 different decks on the Magic and I had to pay $42 more to move them across the hall again. :rolleyes: And we're under the Lido pool when I specifically booked on a deck with cabins above us on the Valor. :( But we are excited to try out the Magic. I will be keeping a lookout on what stuff gets added on her drydock...hoping for a Guy's. :D

Edited by laumicmah

I was told by my wedding coordinator with Carnival that the Splendor is scheduled for dry dock next March, I hope this is true because we were to get Married on the Breeze and for many reasons can not switch to a different ship and are now stuck with the splendor.

Splendor is in dry dock from 3/06/16 - 3/20/2016.

Is the splendor that bad I hope not I'm on 8/12/15 8 day out of New York .

Splendor is probably a fine ship but no comparison to Breeze. Splendor does not have the 2.0 upgrades but will get them in 2016.

Don't worry, pokerski82, you'll be fine.

I was ready to just cancel yesterday but I will give it another go to get it figured out today. I think we will stick with our original itinerary and I am going to compare the price for the Valor Vs Splendor. Hopefully with both having drydock they should get at least some of the 2.0 upgrades.

I was ready to just cancel yesterday but I will give it another go to get it figured out today. I think we will stick with our original itinerary and I am going to compare the price for the Valor Vs Splendor. Hopefully with both having drydock they should get at least some of the 2.0 upgrades.

The Magic is the only ship scheduled to get the 2.0 upgrades this year.

The Valor and Splendor are going into drydock next March. What 2.0 upgrades is still unknown. I switched to the Valor, as the rate for the cruise was substantially less that the reduced rate on the Splendor/Breeze switch. Plus I still got my $50OBC per person.

The Valor and Splendor are going into drydock next March. What 2.0 upgrades is still unknown. I switched to the Valor, as the rate for the cruise was substantially less that the reduced rate on the Splendor/Breeze switch. Plus I still got my $50OBC per person.

I just looked at the dry dock schedule again and the Valor is now showing full 2.0 upgrades. The Splendor is only getting a couple new bars.

Edited by psk2347

After initially booking the Breeze for May 1st, 2016 we decided yesterday to jump ship (literally) and moved to the Magic for April 30th. For us it's a longer cruise, closer port to get to (we're in Tampa), better itinerary, better ship than the Splendor and cheaper than the cabin we booked on the Breeze. While I am disappointed about not going on the Breeze...she is our favorite ship and the whole point was to sail on her again before she left Florida....I am excited about this sailing and checking out the Magic!