Communicating with your family onboard?

My family used the social media package. We only put it on 2 devices & logged one out so someone else could use it. It was $5/day per device & very easy to use. Of course, you need to have fb, instagram, twitter, or a few other apps in order to use it. It was well worth it for us!

We are going to try WhatsApp for texting while we are in board. I'm so happy they have the $5 a day option available. So worth it when traveling with teens so you can keep in touch. We did walkie talkies last year and that worked fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that physically having your teens check in with you is MUCH better than doing it wirelessly! And, tentative plans for the day is a must....that way, you'll know where you can find them, and they you...

I don't know how old your teens are, but allowing aimless wandering isn't a good thing.

On the Breeze, we used the Fun Hub chat feature which is $5 per device (by folio number) for the length of the cruise, not per day like the social Internet package.

It works great on iPhones. I heard some people had issues with Android devices.

We had the social package but shared it amongst ourselves. We only bought one package and shared it which meant only one person could be logged in at a time.

On the Breeze, we used the Fun Hub chat feature which is $5 per device (by folio number) for the length of the cruise, not per day like the social Internet package.

It works great on iPhones. I heard some people had issues with Android devices.

We had the social package but shared it amongst ourselves. We only bought one package and shared it which meant only one person could be logged in at a time.

We were just gonna get a couple social media packages but if we can "text" with our phones for $5 each, I'd rather do that. We have 3 couples going and didn't want to have to plan meet ups to see what everyone wanted to do.

I have no idea they offered this. Do they offer this on all ships?

We have about 10 kids going among 5 families - having the ability to text will just help everyone. Last year I cruised with my daughter and her friend came along. Even with walkie talkies they had to keep checking in with us. I don't want aimless wandering either.

Because when we are on vacation, we have a no screen rule, we do it the old school way. No matter what we do or where we go we eat breakfast together and fill each other in on our tentative plans. On the cruise I am bringing a dry erase board from dollar tree to leave in the cabin. As long as they are where they said they would be, no need to check in there but if plans change, they can go write the new destination. Same goes with the parents. Check in times vary depending on schedule but they all have a watch and they know how to use it. Also have a be back in cabin time to get ready for dinner. I insist on eating breakfast and dinner as a family. Dinner we plot or evening plans and they have a curfew. I have two teens and a preteen. The first time I said no phones, they griped a bit but thanked me later because they had a much better time. If they keep their phones, it tends to be all they look at.

We were just gonna get a couple social media packages but if we can "text" with our phones for $5 each, I'd rather do that. We have 3 couples going and didn't want to have to plan meet ups to see what everyone wanted to do.

I have no idea they offered this. Do they offer this on all ships?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm afraid the chat function is only on the Breeze. I'm sure it is planned for more.