Income of Royal Caribbean Passengers

What is your cruising family's household income?  

734 members have voted

1. 1. What is your cruising family's household income?

• 0-40,000
    • 40,001-80,000
    • 80,001-120,000
    • 120,001-180,000
    • 180,001 +

Another Chicagoan :cool:

I do find the poll pretty interesting, but about what I expected, fairly even normal distribution. Of course, as was mentioned earlier, income doesn't necessarily mean a lot; our family income looks really high on paper, but between car loan, undergrad and graduate student loans, mortgage, and all the other necessities our vacation fund doesn't grow as quickly as I'd like, but so far we've been able to continue our goal of one cruise a year. Just sticking with interior cabins, driving when possible, no drink or dining packages, and doing a lot of our own things in ports rather than pricey excursions. On our Alaska cruise we only paid for one excursion, at the other ports we did nature hikes or a self-guided tour of the town.

I don't stay in a "cheap motel" that is your interpretation of a Florida vacation. I stay in a two bedroom two bath condo that is far superior to the Disney properties to say nothing of the rooms on cruise ships.

I am not so filthy as to require daily housekeeping and if the room attendant would stay away for the week that would be my preference on a cruise ship also.

I also enjoy cooking but we often eat out while on vacation although I typically enjoy my own cooking over most restaurants.

I don't think that what you describe as "what people think" is necessarily universal, it certainly isn't what anyone I know thinks. Everyone I know thinks only a fool would stay in a Disney motel.

So all in all, your Disney vacation isn't the same as a cruise and thus SHOULD be cheaper. :rolleyes:

This is a fascinating thread. At least 70% of you make way more money than me.

No wonder you all are so open to getting a balcony. You are spending less as a percent of your income on a balcony than I am on my inside.

No wonder so many of you are ok with sky high drink prices. You can afford them.

I just hope this inspires some empathy. Some of us have stricter budgets than you do.

The drinks may cost more than at home but they are not necessarily higher than if you go to a bar or restaurant. Besides, many people have loyalty status that provides some drinks as a perk, that is how I can afford to cruise and have a drink.:D

The drinks may cost more than at home but they are not necessarily higher than if you go to a bar or restaurant. Besides, many people have loyalty status that provides some drinks as a perk, that is how I can afford to cruise and have a drink.:D

They are considerably higher than drinks in any restaurant or bar around here. I don't really think that has much to do with it.

They are considerably higher than drinks in any restaurant or bar around here. I don't really think that has much to do with it.

The previous poster says the drinks on board are 'sky high' priced, I said they were not in my experience. In most cases they are cheaper than any drink bought in an Australian bar or pub. Obviously if you self cater from a supermarket or bottle shop than you can get cheaper than the drinks on board.

The previous poster says the drinks on board are 'sky high' priced, I said they were not in my experience. In most cases they are cheaper than any drink bought in an Australian bar or pub. Obviously if you self cater from a supermarket or bottle shop than you can get cheaper than the drinks on board.

Who said anything about self catering from a supermarket? I clearly stated local bars and restaurants, I can only assume then that your locale is considerably higher than any bars or restaurants around here as well. I agree that the drink prices are sky high, but I still don't think the drink prices are related to the income results.

Thank you all who responded.

As for the Disney fanatics, this poll has nothing to do with Disney and as far as I am concerned a disney vacation has no correlation to a cruise vacation so please move along.