Allure Post-dry dock pictures of suite lounge, Coastal Kitchen and CK menus

I will have to try when I get home and can do it from my computer. I don't know why it uploads such tiny resolution from the app. And when I try to upload directly using safari it shuts down the page when I try to add a picture.

Oh, and this was on another post but thought I would mention it. The first day in the suite lounge we were getting help with our dinner reservations and they offered us half-price at any specialty restaurants for as many as we wanted. Just be sure to make sure you tell the wait staff at the specialty that you were offered this. We didn't realize we had to tell them. They had to redo the receipt, not a big deal but easier if they know in advance.

Oh, and this was on another post but thought I would mention it. The first day in the suite lounge we were getting help with our dinner reservations and they offered us half-price at any specialty restaurants for as many as we wanted. Just be sure to make sure you tell the wait staff at the specialty that you were offered this. We didn't realize we had to tell them. They had to redo the receipt, not a big deal but easier if they know in advance.

Good to know! We had made reservations at the specialty restaurants online already but then cancelled them because we read so many comments about discounts being offered onboard (plus we were a little mad at RCI for poor customer service, but that's another story). I really want to try Chop's and Chef's Table. Which ones did you try?

Very nice perk, thanks for mentioning it.:)

Cindivan--Do you have any pics of Grand Suite on Allure. Have they completely redone all of the cabins (bedding, furniture, etc)? How was the food in Coastal Kitchen? What other changes did you see on Allure (assuming you have been on the ship before)?

I wonder if they'll ever offer this fleet wide?

They didn't tell us on this on board but I saw on another post they are doing it because for whatever reason people were not going to the specialty restaurants on the armed cruise as much as they do in the Caribbean and the main dining room was getting slammed. So I doubt it will go fleet wide and probably will stop of the number of reservations to the specialty restaurants increase.

Good to know! We had made reservations at the specialty restaurants online already but then cancelled them because we read so many comments about discounts being offered onboard (plus we were a little mad at RCI for poor customer service, but that's another story). I really want to try Chop's and Chef's Table. Which ones did you try?

We did Chops and the new Brazilian restaurant. We always like chops but we're not impressed with Samba. The meat was overdone and the buffet not very robust. Solarium Bistro was so much better I hope they bring that back. We ate sushi at Izumi one night and that was very good. CK was awesome both nights. I would like to try Chefs table sometime but we had 13 in our group so it didn't make sense. I have heard all good things about that.

Cindivan--Do you have any pics of Grand Suite on Allure. Have they completely redone all of the cabins (bedding, furniture, etc)? How was the food in Coastal Kitchen? What other changes did you see on Allure (assuming you have been on the ship before)?

I don't have any pics of the grand suite. Sorry. I'm not sure whether your question refers to just grand suites but our furniture and bedding didn't seem new.

CK was awesome for both menus. We could have repeated them and been happy but the kids wanted to do the MDR a couple times.

The changes I noticed were Samba instead of solarium bistro. (Boooooo! Didn't like Samba and loved Solarium Bistro). Sabor instead or Rita's Cantina. But maybe I am confusing the Allure with the Oasis. We really didn't notice a ton of other changes.

I can't speak for the Allure, but for the Oasis. When the Oasis went through her similar dry dock, nothing in the cabins was replaced (IMO, there was no need).

I know this is an Allure thread, but Coastal Kitchen's food was excellent on the Oasis. We only went twice, as we really do like the MDR, but I could have definitely repeated both menus a second (or third) time.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The changes I noticed were Samba instead of solarium bistro. (Boooooo! Didn't like Samba and loved Solarium Bistro).

Samba is on the Allure from the beginning. Solarium Dinner is on the Oasis. No changes there.

zteamoftwo, none of the cabins have been redone in any way. They added a total of 46 new cabins including 10 suites but eliminating the Royal Suite and the Presidential Suite (replacing both with cabins). 6 new Grand Suites were added above the Aqua Theater Suites replacing the former secret balconies on decks 11, 12 and 14.

Check out my lenghty review for photos of Coastal Kitchen, the Suite Lounge and some food there. We had dinner at Coastal Kitchen on day 2 (Palma) and lunch on day 7 (sea day).

The Med itinerary is extremly port intensive with long stays in port. Therefore the passengers don´t book the specialty restaurants. And you have a lot of first timers either with RCI or on the Oasis class ships. Those don´t book specialty restaurants either. We did Chops Grille (with 50% off on the first night), Izumi (Teppanyaki part) and Sabor for lunch. Menus and food pictures can be found in my review.

steamboats