Doubletree by Hilton Ft Lauderdale

lukesgrammie

Now get back on Priceline and bid on a dirt cheap car rental! Problem solved! Then, you can opt to never use Priceline again (if that's what you want, of course). It serves a purpose, and I used to love it, but I don't use it anymore because of its lack of flexibility to make changes and the unknown of where I'll be staying. After some bad experiences, it's just not worth the savings to me.

You're so right. Never had a problem before but I will never use them nor recommend them again. NOT for my instance, but I have read and heard some pretty sad stories regarding them...no compassion for some people. Now I am looking into Uber. My husband doesn't want to rent a car for such a short period of time. Thanks !

Don't worry. Just a little extra taxi fare. For one night you will be fine. It's a straight 20 to 30 min drive on I 595 into Port Everglades. You will have to take a taxi. Regarding activities for one night, Sawgrass Mills Mall is a super size mall and is a destination in itself. The mall has lots of restaurants, and stores of all kinds. Within walking distance of the hotel are many other chain and other restaurants.

It's a lot further than 20 minutes away. Try 40 minutes.

Once you find out how much the taxi fare is to the hotel, compare with a rental car -- it might work out cheaper to just do a rental than take taxis back and forth, and then you have some flexibility to roam if the hotel turns out to be not near anything decent in terms of restaurants, etc. Budget, Sixt, and I think Avis, too, all have locations on 17th Street near the pier.

I don't know where people are finding this $40 fares but I would add a lot more probably closer to $60. Sawgrass is a long ways from the port.

Rent a car or cabs will kill you.

The good news is there is a ton of things to do at Sawgrass. It is the largest outlet mall in the US. It is the second largest mall in the US.

I think every chain restaurant known to man is at that mall. The food selections couldn't be better.

Sawgrass is about 16 miles to Port Everglades. It's all highway. Whether it's stop and go on a given day, who knows? I would rent a car, but that's me. If someone doesnt want to go through the effort, up to them. Another option not really being mentioned is SAS and Go airport shuttle services.

I was all set to use Uber until I read the new regulations. Cannot win(: Wondering if Uber will transport from the hotel to the pier. Thanks again to all of you who have responded...Great information. Hopefully some others will learn from my mistake and Priceline!