96 hours "live", Freedom of the Seas - June 21, 2015

At the pool, the cold one. Set wake up for 6:30 so I could get Laura a prime lounger. Luckily I brought two towels from our balcony, the towel station does not open till 7:30, probably to curtail chair hogging. I am not hogging, I am people watching. Not to many out yet, a few joggers.

No luck with SLR, still fogged up from humidity. It's been almost 30 minutes. Lots of activity with pool deck crew. It's going to be a busy day at sea. Ship has not seemed crowded, probably will today though

At the silent disco

It was fun, stayed about an hour. Danced barefoot, deck shoes and flip flops no bueno. I did butcher Macarena. Want some advice? Remove one earphone every now and then to hear your fellow singers. Also find the channel switch and go between tracks to hear what others do

1435403403199.jpg.6d1597485227e483fd724d4b3cbf7f87.jpg

Did I mention tha they held an auction for make a wish. Not sure of all the items, but they had drink pkg, dinner with Captain, flowrider session, internet pkg. I believe they had two sessions in theatre pre show and raised $8000

Still no wife here, so I'll throw in another fun fact from trip. Apparently we did not drop anchor in GC, held position with dynamic positioning. I took a picture of now and didn't even notice

Look ma, no anchor

1435405820959.jpg.f6edcf6570137b2613d3bdaa12d37db2.jpg

At the pool, the cold one. Set wake up for 6:30 so I could get Laura a prime lounger. Luckily I brought two towels from our balcony, the towel station does not open till 7:30, probably to curtail chair hogging. I am not hogging, I am people watching. Not to many out yet, a few joggers.

No luck with SLR, still fogged up from humidity. It's been almost 30 minutes. Lots of activity with pool deck crew. It's going to be a busy day at sea. Ship has not seemed crowded, probably will today though

Well it's 8:30 and still lots of prime pool space. Went to WJ for my omelette at 8:00 and it was empty as well. Only had one side open. Egg white omelette was great.

1435408405215.jpg.77537410e6bf2c54feacb8b7897a5f8f.jpg

1435408447109.jpg.c56bec0429b6b16ef908519b6c17376a.jpg

1435408475419.jpg.953405b6388483e5ce51a1b8dc0ceb9b.jpg

1435408505249.jpg.27efc8bafeef8dfecd36f503a4df9ac1.jpg

I have the menu from chef's table, will hopefully hear about the details. Odd thing is the couple I thought was going ended up being a no show according to the other couple from our table that did go.

We ended up eating solo at our 8 top last night. Funny thing is I swear that the couple I thought was going to chef's table didn't. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure their name got called prior to leaving Jamaica. Luckily we left late due to winds. I hope they made it back

Had dinner with David and Carrie last night. They did make it back, lucky we left late. Bertie even called them on his cell as they were running through Falmouth. Their passports were being held at pier in case they didn't make it

Scrubber update. I don't have one, but I can tell you that the card room is still off limits. Not sure if any equipment goes in there. BTW, the doors to outside DL are not operating, probably because of Scrubber install. You can access it from outside though. Very strange

Scrubber update. I don't have one, but I can tell you that the card room is still off limits. Not sure if any equipment goes in there. BTW, the doors to outside DL are not operating, probably because of Scrubber install. You can access it from outside though. Very strange

Pics

1435409470192.jpg.70c669d4687e298dd3af0f10c81c2020.jpg

1435409499179.jpg.7ae47f56e45cf4a9693c1c088334a69b.jpg

I was curious why they did not turn the card and game room into Izumi during the dry dock . They have done this on the Voyager class ships during their dry dock. I wonder if it has something to do with the scrubber.

I was curious why they did not turn the card and game room into Izumi during the dry dock . They have done this on the Voyager class ships during their dry dock. I wonder if it has something to do with the scrubber.

I will ask Bertie tonight if I can remember. He is in CL now, but I heard his usual gig is DL

Is that second picture the outdoor seating for the Diamond Lounge?

What is a scrubber?

Former outdoor seating might be better description.

Exhaust scrubber cleans emissions, allows her to cruise in sensitive areas and use cheaper fuel I think. Kind of like catalytic converter

I'm a little surprised the ship doesn't seem crowded this week. Thought for sure with it being summer break for schools in US it would be crowded.

All ships sail full no matter what the season. If many cabins are left the cruise lines will have a sail and offer to residents are dirt cheap prices

All ships sail full no matter what the season. If many cabins are left the cruise lines will have a sail and offer to residents are dirt cheap prices

Not so sure about that anymore. I'm a local and I don't know of any last second deals. We sailed 3 day Enchantment over Easter and paid $500 PP

This might be scrubber related but I see noticeable soot on the presidential balcony. Also, they varnished our rail yesterday

1435426126693.jpg.3fbbc46e31e4101183d78331386bb412.jpg

1435426156087.jpg.4d48c22dc491a9db77fc284deaaa86ee.jpg

1435426215791.jpg.86e54faa80e7ad467a6f2e3fe7ac9b1c.jpg