Review: Legend of the Seas

It's a shame the Indian Pacific is so expensive. Much more enjoyable than flying to Perth.

We looked long and hard at that this year but it was less to do the circumnavigation than cruise one way and train the other :eek::eek:

We looked long and hard at that this year but it was less to do the circumnavigation than cruise one way and train the other :eek::eek:

We looked at it for our upcoming top end cruise but three nights on the Indian Pacific in Gold Class was almost as expensive as the 17 night cruise. :eek:

We did it about 10 or 12 years ago and it was great. Gold class includes all meals. There is a cheaper option but it looks like it's only a recliner seat, not a sleeper.

We looked at it for our upcoming top end cruise but three nights on the Indian Pacific in Gold Class was almost as expensive as the 17 night cruise. :eek:

We did it about 10 or 12 years ago and it was great. Gold class includes all meals. There is a cheaper option but it looks like it's only a recliner seat, not a sleeper.

We were going to I-P to Perth then cruise back via NZ. t was about $4K less to do Syd-Syd on Diamond (I think SHE was looking Platinum on the I-P) for about 14 less days

It's a shame the Indian Pacific is so expensive. Much more enjoyable than flying to Perth.

I used to travel a lot between Perth and Sydney many years ago. In those days the train (2nd Class sleeper) was the same as the airfare at about $189 each way and included all meals. I did 9 trips on the train.

Today you can still get an airfare for $199 but add another digit in front front for the train:eek:

But if we had a ship here all year then the itineraries could be more varied and interesting. Legend of the Seas is just the right size for this to compete with Carnival. What about Borneo, PNG, etc in winter as well as northern Australia.

If we had a ship based in Darwin year round that would open up LOTS of new itineries for us!

Who would fly to Darwin to embark on a great northern areas return cruise? I'd certainly be happy to do it! Lots from other states already fly to Sydney & Perth to meet their cruise ships.

If we had a ship based in Darwin year round that would open up LOTS of new itineries for us!

Who would fly to Darwin to embark on a great northern areas return cruise? I'd certainly be happy to do it! Lots from other states already fly to Sydney & Perth to meet their cruise ships.

I would do it too if the itinerary and price was right.:D

Might get the Ghan,

But it would open more ports.

I guess the big question is "Would enough do t often enough to justify it, and what about Cyclone season?

Might get the Ghan,

But it would open more ports.

I guess the big question is "Would enough do t often enough to justify it, and what about Cyclone season?

Cyclone season is the peak season and the cruises still go north, our winter is cyclone free.:D

Cyclone season is the peak season and the cruises still go north, our winter is cyclone free.:D

That's my point Cyclone season is our peak season. Will they base a ship in Darwin during that time, and will they get enough business in Winter.

That's my point Cyclone season is our peak season. Will they base a ship in Darwin during that time, and will they get enough business in Winter.

But is our peak season only our peak season because that's when the most ships are in our area?

What if a cruise line was to have a ship based out of Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane during the peak season, then moved it to Darwin for the off-peak season? Good itineraries would attract cruisers from the southern parts of Australia who wanted to escape the winter cold.

We recently returned to Sydney on the Legend of the Seas and really enjoyed the ship. My only downside was I wish they had added Giovannis.

How amazing, one of our friends we cruised home with was "Brian Crisp" but not from Queensland.

Cheers

Di

I doubt the ship will be based full time in Darwin, I still think it will be shared around all the ports. If they do go to Darwin for a number of cruises, I am sure that they would sell.:D

But is our peak season only our peak season because that's when the most ships are in our area?

What if a cruise line was to have a ship based out of Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane during the peak season, then moved it to Darwin for the off-peak season? Good itineraries would attract cruisers from the southern parts of Australia who wanted to escape the winter cold.

Exactly.:D

True. Isnt this exactly what is done in North America/Canada?

We recently returned to Sydney on the Legend of the Seas and really enjoyed the ship. My only downside was I wish they had added Giovannis.

How amazing, one of our friends we cruised home with was "Brian Crisp" but not from Queensland.

Cheers

Di

As long as the food in the MDR is good, we will be happy.