Do you want an honest review of Oasis of the Seas?

but it is not for all the RC cheer leaders LOL.

We are D+ so we can have our opinion LOL.

I will agree with the OP except on the first night the MDR is always a, to say it nicely a MESS.

I will agree some what with the food, and we are dam sure not picky or foodies. On our Norway cruise on the Explore last month the MDR food was some of the worst we have ever had, NOTICE SOME well a lot. MDR service was good but wait staff was over worked or over whelmed. Too busy to do it right, a 10 minute wait for condiments for the food, like horseradish for the prime rib(if you call it that). All this can vary from ship to ship, on the TA from Tampa(Brilliance) the food was better but not great. We have given up on Chops, The Italian one(cannot spell it) etc

Even the BOGO deal is not for us. I will say some times the food isn't bad, but to sit with one bottle of wine, for 2+ hours, bring another. This is probably our fault so, We might try the Specialty restaurants again, but we would say we wish to eat in 1.5 hours, if they cannot do that we will back out.

LOL, our waiter in Giavonies "SP" I think, on the last cruise was the next night bussing dishes in the Diamond lounge ???????????

Can we just stop with the personal criticisms? I'm not here to personally criticize anyone on this board. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm not offended if you like something I don't like. I'm not trying to offend anyone that likes something I don't like.

I hoped I could entertain a few people and maybe share my experience.

Can we just stop analyzing the word honest. It doesn't mean anything.

I was just trying to have fun. How do I delete the post?

Agreed. Some people are so intent on dissing the food that they'll make up stuff like "everything is frozen" just to justify their complaints. Personally, over eight cruises on RCCL, I've had some food that was great, and some that was mediocre. Don't know that I've ever had anything I would describe as "bad," but not always great.

I'd hate to accuse anyone of dishonesty, but I think sometimes people think it makes them sound like they are very sophisticated diners, if they trash all or most of the food on the ship.

I honestly ;) didnt know if they were frozen or not. I just know that the quality of beef is not that great anymore IMO. Our local bottom tier Western Sizzler type places serve much better steaks than the last two Ive had at Chops and there is no way I would pay 18-20 dollars more on top of the 35.00 pp surcharge for a supposedly "better" steak. That is ludicrous to me. Some people love Chops though and swear its Capital Grille quality service and food. :o its all subjective for sure.

I have had a couple "bad" meals on board but I know that again is very subjective and what I think is bad you may think is wonderful. The lasagna florentine found on the MDR menu is terrible to me. Its just something I know never to order again which is the way I look at anything I have ordered but didnt like.

I never say a word. Generally the waiter will know if you arent happy with something and will go out of his or her way to get you something that will make you happy.

Edited by ryano

Can we just stop with the personal criticisms? I'm not here to personally criticize anyone on this board. I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'm not offended if you like something I don't like. I'm not trying to offend anyone that likes something I don't like.

Relax. The above few posts are just a little friendly banter between Debde and myself. Just carry on with your review and don't let a few extraneous comments derail you.

You can ask Admin to delete your post :) I dont think we can do it.

I, for one, enjoyed your review. :)

I honestly ;) didnt know if they were frozen or not. I just know that the quality of beef is not that great anymore IMO. Our local bottom tier Western Sizzler type places serve much better steaks than the last two Ive had at Chops and there is no way I would pay 18-20 dollars more on top of the 35.00 pp surcharge for a supposedly "better" steak. That is ludicrous to me. Some people love Chops though and swear its Capital Grille quality service and food. :o its all subjective for sure.

Fair enough. I never had a problem with any of the beef dishes, myself. Then again, even at the supposedly top-notch steakhouses, I don't generally find the steaks any better than what I would grill in my backyard. For that reason, I don't tend to go for steaks that much, when I eat out. I've only dined at Chops once, though, and had the filet mignon. It was not the best steak I've ever had, but it was certainly good.

But, as you say, different people have different tastes. I've been around people ordering their steaks well-done or medium-well and thought to myself, why would you order a nice steak and ask them to ruin it. But that's a personal preference kind of thing...

Of course, frozen doesn't even necessarily mean low quality, if it's handled properly, nor does a less expensive cut of meat mean lower quality. In fact, some of the less costly cuts tend to be more flavorful, but they have to be prepared properly. But that's a different discussion....

Are you suggesting "honest" means something different? We all know what it means, but starting off the bat with "Do you want an honest review" absolutely carries the implication that other reviews are less than honest (If not, why distinguish yours as an honest one?).

And this is hardly a new phenomenon here. The same suggestion pops up regularly. Maybe I'll help pull that tree stump out of your sphincter, then you can help with the rod in mine. ;)

Get a life! Many, many times in my life I have been asked my opinion related to something (a position, comment, action, etc.) by someone who is absolutely convinced they are 100% correct...and I disagree. I always look them square in the eye and ask "Do you want my honest opinion or do you want me to tell you what I think you want to hear?"

Same thing here dude. If the OP offended you with the word "honest", why in the name of all that is holy are you still in the thread?

Get a life! Many, many times in my life I have been asked my opinion related to something (a position, comment, action, etc.) by someone who is absolutely convinced they are 100% correct...and I disagree. I always look them square in the eye and ask "Do you want my honest opinion or do you want me to tell you what I think you want to hear?"

Same thing here dude. If the OP offended you with the word "honest", why in the name of all that is holy are you still in the thread?

Never said I was offended. You seem a lot more worked up about it than I ever way. I don't mind at all hearing people's experiences good or bad. I do think the OP started things off on a bad note with the title, but what's done is done.

Never said I was offended. You seem a lot more worked up about it than I ever way. I don't mind at all hearing people's experiences good or bad. I do think the OP started things off on a bad note with the title, but what's done is done.

If the title tainted your opinion of the review please just stop reading. You won't be able to enjoy it because I "started things off on a bad note".

You and several other people don't like my title. I get it.

Are you suggesting "honest" means something different? We all know what it means, but starting off the bat with "Do you want an honest review" absolutely carries the implication that other reviews are less than honest (If not, why distinguish yours as an honest one?).

And this is hardly a new phenomenon here. The same suggestion pops up regularly. Maybe I'll help pull that tree stump out of your sphincter, then you can help with the rod in mine. ;)

Dude lighten up! Everything isn't about you!

It's about the OP and their experience. And that's all!

I've cruised enough to know the food probably won't be good. I'm not sure I've ever eaten at a 5 star restaurant. One of my sons says the food starts out good and gets worse each day because they are unstacking the boxes. :D

I really do expect food to be good! If some cruise lines can do it, they all should be able to do it. Though I do think that quality suffers when you're feeding 6,000+ people three times a day.

I really do expect food to be good! If some cruise lines can do it, they all should be able to do it. Though I do think that quality suffers when you're feeding 6,000+ people three times a day.

It's not wrong to expect an edible meal.

I took it as meaning the good AND the bad - not sugar-coating the negative aspects of the trip, which I've seen on here before. That's all.

I did as well. Too many cheerleaders - whether on Royal, NCL, Disney - only report the good and sugar-coat the negatives. I'm finding the review helpful, especially the dining info.

Agreed. Some people are so intent on dissing the food that they'll make up stuff like "everything is frozen" just to justify their complaints. Personally, over eight cruises on RCCL, I've had some food that was great, and some that was mediocre. Don't know that I've ever had anything I would describe as "bad," but not always great.

I'd hate to accuse anyone of dishonesty, but I think sometimes people think it makes them sound like they are very sophisticated diners, if they trash all or most of the food on the ship.

This is a funny comment. I've probably had great food and bad food on every cruise. I don't complain, I just don't eat it if it's bad. But I LIKE food, truly. It doesn't have to be fancy, which is where I think the problem with the "bad" food is. So many cruise lines think they have to fancy food when most people eat normal/plain food. I know I am not a sophisticated diner because my favorite foods are street foods around the world. But...I do know what I enjoy and what I don't. Just because I don't agree with someone else about the quality/taste of the food doesn't make me wrong or a liar.

And to the poster who commented about Disney's desserts...I totally agree. Had a Mickey bar every night! :)