Everything about Harmony of the Seas

Cannot wait for our cruise next June 26th for the 7 Night Western Mediterranean Cruise, we will also be celebrating our anniversary! It has been 6 years since our last cruise.

Happy Anniversary in advance....nice way to celebrate....and I expect the wait will be worth it.

I went to James Madison High School on Bedford Avenue, in Brooklyn; graduated in 1969.

Has anyone heard yet what the height restrictions will be for the water slides? I want to book Harmony now, but need to know if my daughter will even be able to use the slides. She's 5 and an excellent swimmer, but because of her age and size , she usually is never able to do the slides on pools, etc, even though she can swim better than most adults. I am hoping she will be able to do these slides!

Has anyone heard yet what the height restrictions will be for the water slides? I want to book Harmony now, but need to know if my daughter will even be able to use the slides. She's 5 and an excellent swimmer, but because of her age and size , she usually is never able to do the slides on pools, etc, even though she can swim better than most adults. I am hoping she will be able to do these slides!

I would look at the age and height restrictions from waterparks such as Aquatica and Wet n Wild as well as possibly restrictions for NCL and Carnival ships and use those as an example.

Unfortunately it will not matter how well she can swim, it will be based on height and possibly age.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Being an excellent swimmer will have nothing to do with whether a child can go down a waterslide. The slide empties into a trough, not a pool....typically the height requirement from what I have seen at waterparks or on other ships is 46-48" tall. For their insurance requirements, I would imagine they would strictly enforce it, even though a waiver has to be signed prior to using it.

Yes, that's why I was asking-it doesn't seem anywhere matters whether she can swim or not-only what her size is. I'm guessing she might be 45" by the time next year that we want to go, which probably won't be tall enough :(

I was on the Harmony page on RCL's site today and I saw this:

"Guests on board Harmony of the Seas will enjoy the cruise line's world-renowned GOLD Anchor Service and an expansive menu of delicious dinner options in early and late seating dining in the ships' Main Dining Rooms, among up to 20 dining options aboard the world's largest and most innovative cruise ships. Guests will select from two seating times; the flexible My Time Dining program which offers guests the flexibility to select their own seating time and table companions in a dedicated portion of the main dining room; or from an extensive variety of specialty restaurants.

Dynamic Dining will now be exclusive to Quantum Class Ships. Guests who have already pre-selected the Classic option for their upcoming cruise will be assigned to either early or late seating to match their original choice of time. Guests who have selected the Choice option will be assigned to the My Time Dining program. Previous Dynamic Dining reservations will transition by July 31st 2015."

What does it mean? I have a Dynamic Dining reservation, so do I have to do anything/change it? Just want to make sure I get it done before 7/31

no companies wants to support a specific time of dining different from the rest of the ships my assumption is that DD will quietly go away from Q-class as well.

no companies wants to support a specific time of dining different from the rest of the ships my assumption is that DD will quietly go away from Q-class as well.

I was under the impression Quantum doesn't have enough DR seats to adopt traditional MDR scenarios

I've said it before and I will say it again, it's a shame there is no Viking Crown Lounge on Harmony! Best place to escape for a while :(

There is a lounge up there, you just have to sail in a Grand Suite or better to enjoy it.;)

There is a lounge up there, you just have to sail in a Grand Suite or better to enjoy it.;)

Can't say enough about Coastal Kitchen also. Personally, I think it's a big improvement. Oh to be Pinnacle. :D

Sadly, the chances of that are slim! The airfare to the states with the cruise on top means it just isn't financially viable for me to go suite! Ah well!

Maybe Harmony will have a few more attractions for kids as a trade off to not having a Dream Works presence? At least I thought I read somewhere that DreamWorks was not going to be on the Harmony, is that correct?

Maybe Harmony will have a few more attractions for kids as a trade off to not having a Dream Works presence? At least I thought I read somewhere that DreamWorks was not going to be on the Harmony, is that correct?

Uh, slides. ;)

Happy Anniversary in advance....nice way to celebrate....and I expect the wait will be worth it.

I went to James Madison High School on Bedford Avenue, in Brooklyn; graduated in 1969.

Thank you Paulette!! James Madison is not far from where I live.

Uh, slides.
My point exactly; the 4 new slides and climber.....to name a few.

My question/comment was more requesting confirmation that DreamWorks will not be on the Harmony:rolleyes:

actually it the anthem of the seas that won't have dream works presence